We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December Trip with toddler- Questions

NWT
Level Contributor
497 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
December Trip with toddler- Questions

Hi!

We are returning in December with our 3 year old for a trip! Really excited!

Wondering about how hard it would be to get to Fremont from 4th ave, where we are staying?

We're hoping for easy, safe public transport, so we don't have to lug a carseat....Are we dreaming?

Also hoping for the same for the zoo. They stored our carseat last time (we called in advance) but when we were finished and picked it up, there was a kerfuffle, and someone got in trouble for agreeing to store it for us while we checked out the zoo...

Also walking to the Aquarium, and possibly Children's Museum and Sci Fi/Music Museum...Any other ideas?

And, is there some sort of reputable attractions pass we could buy in advance? I've seen a couple but would like to know if anyone has experience with one over another?

Thanks!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December Trip with toddler- Questions

You should be able to get there easily by bus from Westlake Center.

Be sure to go to the Aquarium. Lots of things there guaranteed to induce wide eyed wonder or squeals.

NWT
Level Contributor
497 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December Trip with toddler- Questions

Thanks! Is it just one bus? How long do you think it would take? Westlake is super handy to our hotel...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
904 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December Trip with toddler- Questions

You can take a 26, 28 or 40. All run along 3rd Avenue downtown so you can use the stop closest to your hotel. There are about 8 buses an hour, so very convenient. If you want to plan a specific time, use the planner at http://metro.kingcounty.gov/ or view the timetables and maps at the same site.

If you are going to the center of Fremont, get off at the Frement Ave and 34th St stop. It'll take about 20 minutes. It'll cost you $2.25 per adult (off-peak times) and a 3 year old will be free. If you are coming back within 2 hours of first paying, ask for a transfer and the return will be free.

NWT
Level Contributor
497 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December Trip with toddler- Questions

Thanks! Do you think Fremont is worth a trip? We'd like to see the statue under the bridge and check out the neighbourhood... Shops, etc. and maybe grab lunch. Is it pretty easily walkable?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December Trip with toddler- Questions

I can't comment on Fremont since its been awhile since I've been there, but have you considered the Museum of Flight? Easy accessible by bus, we did it last year with a baby and toddler, my sons loved it! Also around December, the Pacific Northwest Ballet has a special version of the Nutcracker with costumes designed by Maurice Sendak (of Where the WIld Things Are fame). It really is something magical and memorable, I remember seeing this when I was 5 years old with my mom and I am planning on going with my own family this upcoming December.

6. Re: December Trip with toddler- Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 29, 2014