We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Fall Foliage in Mt. Rainier National Park

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
1 post
Fall Foliage in Mt. Rainier National Park

We are going to Seattle in October with the main purpose of seeing Mt. Rainier in the fall. Does anyone know when the foliage peak? We have a choice of two weekends: October 5-6 or October 12-13. Any recommendation? Thank you in advance!

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
7,182 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Fall Foliage in Mt. Rainier National Park

That is a tough one. Normally I would say the first week of October. We have been unusually warm lately. I still think your first option even though Fall feels a little late. I am sure Christy will chime in and give you an update. It is probably showing some signs at higher elevations. Never a given, but early October often means better weather.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Fall Foliage in Mt. Rainier National Park

I agree we are running late this year. But, I would still pick the first weekend for better weather. And I think the berry bushes will be red by then. (But who knows. I backpacked this weekend and was plagued by flies. In mid-September! It's been so warm).

Springfield...
Level Contributor
35 posts
147 reviews
3. Re: Fall Foliage in Mt. Rainier National Park

Im also coming the 12th and hoping for good color but it will still be pretty since Ive never been ! Thanks for the info

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
176 reviews
4. Re: Fall Foliage in Mt. Rainier National Park

I sincerely hope that the government shutdown has ended before your trips (Irina G adn soarinval12).

Right now all national parks are closed.

http://www.nps.gov/shutdown/index.html

doi.gov/shutdown/fy2014/upload/NPS-FAQ.pdf

5. Re: Fall Foliage in Mt. Rainier National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 05, 2014