We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belltown Inn after a Mariners game

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sasaktoon, Sk...
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Belltown Inn after a Mariners game

Quick 2 days stay in Seattle for a Mariners/Blue Jays Game. We want to be close to downtown to do the sighseeing thing so booked at the Belltown Inn to be withing walking distance. Looking at the hotel reviews, seems people like the hotel, not so sure on the area especially after dark.

I'll be with my wife and 6 month old baby girl and possible her Aunt and Uncle. As long as we're smart about things do I have any worries walking after the game between the Westlake Link Station and the hotel about 10pm on Monday night? Would I be better off paying some more money to stay a little closer to the Link station downtown?

Cab isn't really an option due to the lack of baby seats for the little one.

Suggestions and advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belltown Inn after a Mariners game

You'll be fine. It's an area with a lot of restaurants and clubs so people will be out and about. There's a large homeless population, which probably turns some people off, but it doesn't pose a real threat. And that homeless population is pretty spread out throughout the greater downtown area, so staying closer to Westlake really doesn't help. When I think about some of the unfortunate acts of violence that have occured in the last couple years, some of them were actually nearer to Westlake than where you are staying (3rd and Pine has long been a bit of a trouble spot at night).

Edited: 2:50 pm, June 17, 2013
Sasaktoon, Sk...
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belltown Inn after a Mariners game

Thanks for the feedback Christy.

Looking at my travel options a little closer I'm hoping for some more help. My initial plan was to take the Link back downtown and then walk as I assume that would be fastest.

The sound transit trip planning feature shows quite a few buses (124, 28, 5) that all leave from Safeco and run within a block of the Belltown Inn.

Are buses easy to catch after a Mariners game or would I be better off taking the Link Train and walking the few blocks to the hotel around 11?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,212 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belltown Inn after a Mariners game

If you can work around Metro's schedule, then I would bus it. I would avoid walking past 3rd & Virginia as there are several social services agencies in that block & many sketchy characters who congregate day or night. Just ask the driver to call out your stop (nearest 3rd & Bell) and fold up your stroller before boarding the bus.

4. Re: Belltown Inn after a Mariners game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 04, 2014