We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoreline/ Lynnwood Hotel and transportation suggestions.

Horseheads, New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Shoreline/ Lynnwood Hotel and transportation suggestions.

I am driving down from Vancouver with my family (wife and daughters 11 and 15) for two nights then returning the Vancouver. We are looking for a low cost hotel (after three days in Alaska and a 7 day cruise I don't expect to have much money left for Seattle). Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn type hotels are our normal fare.

We will be driving down on a Sat and will be leaving Monday.

I have been looking at places in Shoreline and Lynnwood. We will have a car so we could drive down to Seattle Center and the UW or take public transport from Shoreline (not sure about Lynnwood).

Any suggestions for a place to stay or if there is a better idea?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,912 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoreline/ Lynnwood Hotel and transportation suggestions.

there is a large transit center at Northgate Mall which has an express bus #41 which hops on the freeway and makes no stops till in downtown Seattle. If you do decide to stay north of Seattle then this would be a good option for transport into town. I live towards Shoreline but there aren't a lot of hotels there.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
911 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoreline/ Lynnwood Hotel and transportation suggestions.

Those would be okay places to stay, can as David suggests you can get a bus from Northgate transit center. However neither Shoreline nor Lynnwood are particularly interesting places to stay (or eat). You will also spend a fair amount of time travelling.

Most of the chains you mention also have locations closer to Seattle, in the 'Seattle Center' area (this is near to the space needle, and about 1 mile or so from downtown). They will probably be a bit more expensive (and you'll probably have to pay for parking) but you will be able to walk to the space needle, pacific science center, and restaurants. To get downtown, it is about a 30-40 min walk, or take the monorail or a (very frequent) bus.

Edited: 2:13 pm, June 05, 2013
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,912 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoreline/ Lynnwood Hotel and transportation suggestions.

I might also add that on weekends after noon the freeway from northgate to downtown is almost always gidlocked so you will be in traffic if coming in later in the day. Mornings are easy. Look at

hotelcoupons.com

for cheaper room rates.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,784 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shoreline/ Lynnwood Hotel and transportation suggestions.

Shoreline Park & Ride has mostly limited Metro weekday commuter service to downtown (route #301): …kingcounty.gov/tops/…city-shoreline

SoundTransit buses #511, 512 have service to downtown Seattle from Lynnwood Transit Center: soundtransit.org/Rider-Guide/Lynnwood-TC-PR

Multiple Metro Transit routes from Northgate to downtown Seattle (#16, 40, 66, 67): …kingcounty.gov/tops/…northgatetc

Buses would use surface streets, HOV lanes and Express lanes, so they may (?) avoid I-5 traffic snarls.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,010 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shoreline/ Lynnwood Hotel and transportation suggestions.

First, lose that suit and hat, this is Seattle! :)

Second, see if this motel suits you, location and price: www.hotelnexusseattle.com/default-en.html

Our daylight hours are many, so have a great trip!

Edited: 6:07 pm, June 05, 2013
6. Re: Shoreline/ Lynnwood Hotel and transportation suggestions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 07, 2014