We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boat ride help

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
boat ride help

Which would be the preferred boat ride to view Seattle?

Thank you

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boat ride help

Leaving us guessing... are you talking about Argosy Cruises? argosycruises.com/publiccruises/default.cfm

If so, I'd choose among the followingm, in order: Tillicum Village (short informative cruise, followed by Native American show and dinner on Blake Island), quite interesting and includes a bit of the Harbor Cruise.

The Locks - though I think it far more fun to visit the Ballard Locks by land, see the fish ladder, watch the boats going through. Always a good sight.

Harbor Cruise

Edited: 6:10 pm, May 26, 2013
Kelso, Washington
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: boat ride help

Preferred by whom, and why? Price? Location? Duration? Type of boats???

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boat ride help

There is also a stern wheeler on Lake Union, the Ice Cream Cruise, various rides on Sundays from the Center for Wooden Boats, and the Duck tour.

Not to mention just a ferry ride to Bainbridge or Bremerton, and a sailboat ride down on the waterfront.

I have been on the Argosy cruise with guests several times and they always enjoy it. The Ducks was fun too. Of course, the ferry is a classic.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
338 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boat ride help

If you decide to do the Tillicum Village tour, there are frequently discount tickets available on Goldstar and Groupon. The cheapest place to get a panoramic view of the Waterfront is from West Seattle but the cheapest boat ride to get a view would be a ferry to Bainbridge or Bremerton (walk-on). I recommend catching a Washington State Ferry (Pier 52) to Bainbridge. Have breakfast/lunch at the Streamliner Diner (about a 10-minute walk from the Bainbridge ferry terminal) walk another five minutes into town for some pleasant shopping, then back to the ferry terminal for return trip. Depending on how you time it, seeing the skyline at night is even prettier than during the day.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boat ride help

You can get to West Seattle by boat by taking the Water Taxi from the ferry terminal. Very inexpensive. There are waterfront shuttles when you get there.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: boat ride help

For views of the city, cost and experience I would just take the public ferry to Bainbridge Island and back. The Argosy locks cruise does take you out into the sound, north around Magnolia, through the locks and the ship canal and then onto Lake Union where you will see the houseboats and a different view of the skyline.

-K

7. Re: boat ride help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 29, 2014