We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help

Calgary
Level Contributor
119 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Help

Hello,

My wife and I are spending 3 days and 4 nights in Seattle mid July and I'm looking for advice on where to stay. Would like to stay under $200 a night but everything I look is expensive. We want to stay in the downtown area since we plan on parking the car and walking for 3 days. Plan on checking out Pike's Market, The Needle, EMP museum, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,911 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Help

if your driving then parking costs like in Calgary will add substantially to your hotel budget. It would help to know if your driving in or flying in? If flying I'm not sure the wisdom of renting a car with the idea of keeping it parked. Hotels around the Seattle Center (space needle area) will be a little less. If your staying downtown then websites such as Hotwire.com will help steer you to a better deal in downtown.

Mentioned in this post
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Seattle Center
Seattle Center
1,295 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle
Level Contributor
48,408 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Help

The Warwick Hotel www.warwickwa.com

I looked at some random dates and rooms were $219. It is an excellent location at 4th & Lenora

suze

Mentioned in this post
Warwick Seattle
Warwick Seattle
1,997 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Help

Try hotels in the Lower Queen Ann area. There are a number of good properties just blocks from Seattle Center that I stay at frequently. Great access to downtown by the Monorail and plentiful buses, cabs, etc. I like the Inn at Queen Anne, The Maxwell, and the Mediterranean Inn equally well, though each has pros and cons. The Maxwell is the newest and offers the most creature comforts, but does not have many rooms with tubs which I am a nut about....and is not as close to restaurants as the other two...but all three are good value, good service properties for their price points and amenities which you can compare on-line.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle Center
Seattle Center
1,295 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Inn at Queen Anne
Inn at Queen Anne
1,097 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Mediterranean Inn
Mediterranean Inn
1,638 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Calgary
Level Contributor
119 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Help

We will be driving in to Seattle so we are stuck with our car for the duration. The Mediterranean looks OK. Is it easy to get into the downtown on the monorail? I found a number of hotels on Kayak.com and Hotwire etc but just not sure of access to downtown and other places to visit or whether the area is bad. Are there any bad areas in and around the downtown to avoid? I read about the The Moore hotel. How is it?

Edited: 2:55 pm, May 23, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Mediterranean Inn
Mediterranean Inn
1,638 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Moore Hotel
Moore Hotel
1,117 Reviews
Seattle, WA
vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Help

Moore is a great budget 2 star hotel, nothing fancy at all but great value for the location that it is in

Mentioned in this post
Moore Hotel
Moore Hotel
1,117 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle
Level Contributor
48,408 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Help

the Moore Hotel is just fine if you understand what you're getting. A VERY basic budget hotel in an excellent location.

You asked about the monorail & the Mediterranean Inn. Monorail works fine for going into town, but it's way on the other side of the Seattle Center from the hotel, so not really convenient for that. From Mediterranean you'd much easier catch a Metro bus.

As far as other cheaper hotels it's (in most cases) not so much the area is "bad" just that it's inconvenient for easily getting downtown (compared to staying IN the actual downtown core).

suze

Mentioned in this post
Moore Hotel
Moore Hotel
1,117 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Mediterranean Inn
Mediterranean Inn
1,638 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle Center
Seattle Center
1,295 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Fairfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Help

Looking for hotel in Seattle to stay after cruise on Princess to Alaska. Hotel to allow parking and transfer to cruise port.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Help

When it comes to hotel prices, Seattle must think it is Paris or London.My two cents, after much research, is either the Mayflower or stay out at the airport. My conclusion is that if you want a centrally located hotel room in a decent area at a fair price, travel elsewhere.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Help

Do they have the equivalent of Hotwire or Priceline in Canada? I'm assuming you should. If you feel like taking your chances with a little research (like visiting the BetterBidding.com website), you could get a better hotel for less money. I recently booked through Hotwire for five days in October and am staying downtown in what's considered a 3-1/2 star hotel for just $105/night. It definitely couldn't hurt to check out.

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Calgary
Level Contributor
119 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Help

How about the Belltown in the downtown area? I saw a good deal for it.

Mentioned in this post
Belltown
Belltown
63 Reviews
Seattle, WA