We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very late arrival - hotel with shuttle?

Virginia
Level Contributor
216 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Very late arrival - hotel with shuttle?

Hello everyone,

My family of 4 will be arriving late into SEA. Can anyone recommend a hotel with late-night shuttle service from the airport?

TIA!

UMTerp

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
699 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very late arrival - hotel with shuttle?

Several hotels have 24-hour shuttle service. For moderate priced places I use either the Super 8 SeaTac or the SeaTac Sleep Inn. Usually on the hotel's website they will note what hours the shuttle runs.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,552 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very late arrival - hotel with shuttle?

I don't know of any hotel that doesn't have a shuttle. In this case Hotwire.com works really well and they have a shuttle symbol in their prices. I think you could do a whole lot better than a Super8 or Sleep Inn. For about the same price your likely to get the Doubletree, or Hampton Inn type quality. You can put your dates in Hotwire and get the price before you select the property. Likely hotels are listed on betterbidding.com

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,140 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very late arrival - hotel with shuttle?

Please understand that the posters are referring to airport hotels only. Downtown hotels do not have shuttles into Seattle. If you are arriving late, an airport hotel is an excellent choice for your first night.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very late arrival - hotel with shuttle?

We are unanimous in recommending you not stay there beyond that first late night, however!

Virginia
Level Contributor
216 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Very late arrival - hotel with shuttle?

Thank you everyone!

I will try Hotwire. Something along the lines of a Hampton Inn would be what we are looking for.

UMTerpVA

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,561 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Very late arrival - hotel with shuttle?

Doesn't matter the time of arrival. I would just spring for a taxi and go into the downtown hotel you will be staying at for the rest of your trip. Doing a shuttle to an airport hotel doesn't really gain you anything imo. Downtown's less than a 1/2 hour from the airport, especially at that time of night.

suze

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
551 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Very late arrival - hotel with shuttle?

I agree with Suze. Stopping for one night at an airport hotel just means you have to waste time the next morning packing up, checking out, checking in and settling in to the next place.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Very late arrival - hotel with shuttle?

I could see it both ways, depending on how late and how long a day of travel. I always make it home on a long day of travel, after all. Don't plan to take the light rail late at night, though.

It would be worth it to wake up near everything, ready for your first destination of the day.

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,561 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Very late arrival - hotel with shuttle?

Even getting in very late and very tired, I'd still do it. My thinking is that I don't see it takes any more or less energy to take a taxi to a downtown Seattle hotel from SeaTac, than to take a shuttle to an airport hotel (and then still not be where you really want to be). suze

Virginia
Level Contributor
216 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Very late arrival - hotel with shuttle?

One of us will probably have to return to the airport anyway to pick up a rental car (unless I find something off site). I'll keep the cab idea in mind. Thanks!