We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast near Mayflower Park

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Topic
Breakfast near Mayflower Park

I currently have a reservation at the Renaissance for 198/nt that includes breakfast, but my first choice was Mayflower Park. They just reduced their rate to 168/nt without breakfast. Is there a reasonably priced restaurant very close to Mayflower Park that someone could recommend? I know they have a restaurant on site, but it looks a bit pricey.

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast near Mayflower Park

First of all, let me say the breakfast at Andaluca is superb, so if you feel like a treat it is worth it. My favorite bargain breakfast near the Mayflower Park is the take out at the Dahlia Lounge Bakery just a couple of blocks northwest of the hotel at 4th and Virginia. They have incredible breakfast sandwiches, pastries, and granola among other things. And none other than Giada DiLaurentis says the mini donuts are among the best things she has ever eaten. The are made fresh to order and served with seasonal jam and vanilla bean mascarpone. Perfection every single time.

Edited: 2:09 am, April 19, 2013
Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,727 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast near Mayflower Park

We really like Bacco, which is just a couple blocks away, towards Pike Place Market.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast near Mayflower Park

Le Pichet is a few blocks away on 1st and Stewart. My favorite is their oeufs plat, at $8. That, along with their delicious bagettes and a latte, yum. http://www.lacreperievoila.com

Lola, a Tom Douglas restaurant, quite close, fabulous, on the pricier side - $10-$18, but delicious.

http://tomdouglas.com/index.php?page=lola

For a completely take-out/walk-up option, you might want to consider Le Creperie Viola, on Pike, right at the convention center. http://www.lacreperievoila.com

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast near Mayflower Park

Or go to Pike Place Market, where there are numerous options.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,366 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast near Mayflower Park

Is Oliver's open in the morning? That's the lobby bar at the Mayflower Park and is much more casual (and less expensive) than Andaluca's.

Ditto the suggestion of Dahlia Bakery. They are excellent. Or Top Pot Donuts is not all that far. Or any Starbucks has breakfast sandwiches and stuff.

Le Pichet (as mentioned) and Bacco on 1st Avenue are both very nice for breakfast.

suze

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast near Mayflower Park

mtngrl, thanks for telling us about Bacco. Don't know how I missed it all these years but breakfast is my favorite meal so I am definitely going to check it out next time I'm in the city. Made my way up to Capitol Hill last trip in January to try Skillet Diner after all the buzz in the press and I thought it was so, so. Certainly not worth the effort we made to get there, though I did like the big windows and comfy booths.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,957 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast near Mayflower Park

I'm not sure Oliver's has a breakfast menu, unless you like to start the day with chilled Bombay Sapphire and a couple of olives! But, yes, Dahlia Bakery, Top Pot Donuts and Pike Place Market are admirable suggestions.

Edited: 10:59 pm, April 19, 2013
Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,727 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast near Mayflower Park

rainbirdreader--The crab omelet there is my favorite:) We have been dozens of times and always had great meals.

Ohio
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast near Mayflower Park

Is there anything in the Westlake Center food court on a Sunday morning for breakfast? We may be taking the monorail over to the Space Needle anyway.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
178 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast near Mayflower Park

I think you can walk by the Toppot dougnut shop on the way to the spaceneedle - not a full breakfast but great choice of sweeties. Nibbling choices galore in Pike Place Market - not being a big breakfast fan myself, I'd hate to pay for included breakfast with so many more interesting choices nearby.

We have stayed at the Mayflower and loved it! we also have an upcoming stay in June - can I ask when you are staying and when did you notice the price had gone down?