We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pikes market

east texas
Level Contributor
163 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
pikes market

Does anyone know if they rent scooters or electric wheelchairs at the market. I went on their website but didn't find the answer. If they don't I'm guessing there will be plenty of areas to sit and rest. Thanks

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,133 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pikes market

Pike Place Market does not rent those. There are some medical equiptment places downtown that probably do. I'd ask your hotel for a referral but you won't find those at the market. In practicality its so crowded on some days its hard to walk let alone navigate in a scooter.

east texas
Level Contributor
163 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pikes market

Thanks. I read how large the market was and I guess I started to worry. But it stands to reason if it is that crowded you wouldn't want to be in a scooter anyway. We will just enjoy it as long as we. Can. We won't sweat the small stuff. Can't wait to enjoy Seattle.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pikes market

There are plenty of restaurants if you need to sit. Not a lot of benches otherwise. Go early before the crowds get there if you go in summer.

east texas
Level Contributor
163 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pikes market

We are going in 2weeks for 3days and it will be midweek so maybe it won't be too crowded but we will deal with it. Can't pass up the sights . My husband has had 5 back surgeries and he is looking forward to seeing the market so as long as we can stop he will be fine. $Starbucks will help. Can't wait.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
945 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pikes market

The Pike Place Market is definitely not the most wheelchair friendly place in the world. There really isn't enough demand for anyone to rent scooters or wheelchairs there. ADA compliant I don't think it is.

And yeah, I wouldn't want to be in a scooter or wheelchair in there. :\

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
541 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pikes market

MIdweek at this time of year shouldn't be too crowded. Note that the original Starbucks does not have any seating, but there's another one just around the corner at 1st and Pike that does. And you'll find other small places where you can sit and have a bite to eat, like the bakery, the crumpet shop, DeLaurenti's market, etc...

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,460 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pikes market

For the most part I think the Market is wheelchair accessible via ramps & elevators which give access between the different levels, part of the Pike St. hill climb (Western Ave), etc. Please note that accessing the Market from 1st Ave at Pike Street will be easier than Pine or Stewart which have very steep inclines down off of 1st.

You can browse the Market's web site to help plan your trip. pikeplacemarket.org/explore_the_market/marke…

As suggested there are seating areas in some of the restaurants & cafes. There is also seating (& great waterfront views) in Victor Steinbrueck Park at the north end of the Market.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pikes market

Its a great time of year to come to the market. On a summer day the crowds are intense and Everyone has limited mobility.

Even if you only see the street level, there is a lot. You can get down a level by walking back to 1st Ave on Pike, then following cobbled Post Alley down to the Gum Wall.There's an entrance to the lower level there, and a great view of Elliott Bay.

Singapore
Level Contributor
527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pikes market

We went to Pike Place market 2 yrs ago and really loved it - starbucks as well but it was super super crowded all the time with lots of tourists standing around. You will love the vibes and energy in Pike Place and around the market.

There are a lot of cafes, restaurants and seats along the waterfront as well so you can take food away and sit there as well.

You can come see pictures on my blog to get an idea as well of the place, if you like! Enjoy!

baconandjackrussells.com/2013/…

10. Re: pikes market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 14, 2014