We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post Day-Game early dinner

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
oregon
Level Contributor
262 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Post Day-Game early dinner

Been to Seattle before, two families returning to watch baseball. Tickets for day games, we'd like to eat dinner out after. Need some suggestions. Our needs: our group ranges from not adventuresome (kids), one vegetarian (eats fish), to loves trying new dishes/ethnic dishes. Not looking for chain restaurants. Not too expensive or fancy, we will be in our baseball team shirts.

We are staying at Silver Cloud Lake Union, so dinner can be downtown if we can catch public transportation to after game. Hotel shuttle can pick us up after near Pikes Market.

Also, if you have dinner recommendation near hotel or short drive for when we arrive.

Thanks!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Post Day-Game early dinner

With a pescatarian (fish eater) you can go almost anywhere. After the game, you could walk over to the International District. It is very casual. I like Szechuan Garden, but there are many many choices. There's an international food court at Uwajimaya grocery store that is VERY casual but might make everyone happy as far as food choice.

Alternately, you could walk or bus to the waterfront and go to one of the restaurants there. Ivar's is a local classic but there are others.

Up near your hotel, there are a pack of new restaurants owned by Tom Douglas. That area is known as South Lake Union. Right across the street on the waterfront is a very expensive local steakhouse that has great food (Daniels Broiler). I'm sure they have fish and vegetable choices, but prices aren't moderate. There are some other places right there on the waterfront, too.

Don't worry about being casual. Seattle is very casual. There is one restaurant, Canlis, where you'd be out of place, but everywhere else, game shirts will be fine.

oregon
Level Contributor
262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Post Day-Game early dinner

Thanks...yes, a pescatarian, most say "a what?" ;)

I have enjoyed Uwajimaya. Wasn't sure the food court would be open for dinner time, so hadn't considered.

I will look into Tom Douglas' new places, especially if closer to hotel so we can change. I have enjoyed DL and Lola...maybe we could go for dessert.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,228 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Post Day-Game early dinner

The food court at Uwajimaya has the worst food in the entire ID. If you think the kids would eat there, I'd try one of the better Asian places in the vicinity. What about King Noodle, where you build you own soup with a checklist of what you want in it? That way, the kids wouldn't get anything they didn't like--they could get regular chicken broth for the broth, and whatever kind of noodles, veggies and meat they wanted.

seattlemag.com/article/build-your-own-soup-k…

Shanghai Garden is another pick that should satisfy the people that want good ethnic, but they will have some run of the mill Chinese stuff for the kids.

A radically different choice, but one that might satisfy kids and more adventurous eaters--Lunchbox Laboratory, in South Lake Union. It's a burger place but some of the burgers (and sides and shakes) are unusual--ie there's a duck/pork burger. It's a great place, definitely pricier than your usual burger place but top quality.

4. Re: Post Day-Game early dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 11, 2014