We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic getaway on the way from Vancouver to Seattle

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
64 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic getaway on the way from Vancouver to Seattle

Hi all,

On our way back from the Canadian Rockies to SeaTac we'd have to stay somewhere within hours from the airport to spend the last evening and night of the trip.

It would be great to relax in a scenic place, probably with some views of the ocean. On the first glance, it's not that easy to find in the area that looks quite populated, with lots of typical modern towns.

Is there some hidden jam on the route? A quiet and romantic place where you can just enjoy the air and views ahead of a long flight...

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,706 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Romantic getaway on the way from Vancouver to Seattle

I like La Conner a lot, but in terms of location I like Langley a lot more. Anytime you stay on one of our islands, even one connected by a bridge it has a different feeling. I knew someone stationed at the Naval Air Station. There flight paths change. My wife was very upset when a pilot did a low flyover when she was 10 miles in the backcountry in the Cascades.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Romantic getaway on the way from Vancouver to Seattle

As much as I like LaConner, it's probably an 1-1/2 hour drive from SeaTac w/o traffic. I might suggest something closer like getting into Seattle and try the Edgewater (http://www.edgewaterhotel.com). While it is right on the Seattle waterfront and near Pike Place Market and Downtown, it is oriented toward the water and modern although rustic lodge in decor.

If you insist on being out of the city, you might also look into one of the B&B's on Bainbridge Island, which is a 30-minute car ferry ride across from Downtown Seattle. If you do, make sure you coordinate ferry schedules with your departure plans. Good luck!

K B
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
208 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Romantic getaway on the way from Vancouver to Seattle

You can do a stop at Bellingham. I hear Hotel Bellweather is nice & romantic, though I've never been (I used to live in Bellingham) And I know it's on the water. During the day you take a scenic drive on chuckanut drive. it's gorgeous.

Or you can stop by Whidbey Island...you can stop by deception pass which is very pretty. You can park your car to take a few pictures or even walk across the bridge. From there you can go to Coupeville too. It's very nice, I did a day trip there once. Never stayed in a hotel in Whidbey Island though.

14. Re: Romantic getaway on the way from Vancouver to Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 11, 2014