We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salmon fishing charter out of Seattle

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
66 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Salmon fishing charter out of Seattle

We will be in Seattle July 24-26. I want to take a half day salmon fishing charter. My wife does not fish, so I will be going alone. Does anyone know of a fishing charter service that puts together individuals to make up a trip as opposed to an exclusive party of 4-6?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salmon fishing charter out of Seattle

Hello Glenn. Have you been paired up with anyone yet for your upcoming trip to Seattle for the fishing charter? My boyfriend and I are going to be there during that time and we both would like to fish.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
66 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salmon fishing charter out of Seattle

Thanks for reply. I put my name in with 2 charter captains back in February, Fish Finder Charters and All Star Charters. I had not heard from them, so I sent am email to both before replying. I will get back to you as soon as I get a reply. Three may be enough to get a shared boat.

saskatoon
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Salmon fishing charter out of Seattle

Hello my husand and myself and another couple will be in Seattle from the 20th to 27th and the guys had talked about doing some fishing. Did you have an approximate cost? We are from Saskatchewan and my husband Tony often likes to fish when we are on vacation. He had a great time on a 1/2 day fishing trip when we were in Fort Lauderdale a few years back.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
66 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salmon fishing charter out of Seattle

Capt Gary Krein of All Star Fishing Charters confirmed me for Thursday, July 25. This is a morning charter and leaves dock around 5:00AM. He said that there is still room on the boat for that day. Boat holds 5-6 max. Here is the web site:

www.allstarfishing.com

Let me know if you decide on going that day.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
66 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salmon fishing charter out of Seattle

Are you looking for a morning or afternoon trip? I did research with Google. Most of the ones I found have what they call shared boats with people from different groups or by themselves. These are all morning trips that leave around 5-6AM in July. Cost runs about US$200 per person. With 4 in your party, you could charter the whole boat. Some Captains take a shorter fishing trip out in the afternoon. From what I know, the afternoon trips are for groups that exclusively charter the boat for the afternoon. Please recognize that I am not an expert on these charters. Here are 2 that I found:

www.allstarfishing.com

www.fishingseattle.com

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,623 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Salmon fishing charter out of Seattle

By far the best fishing these days is on the Ocean.

Orlando, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Salmon fishing charter out of Seattle

Last year My husband and I went out with Captain Steve Kisling from Adventure Charters His number is 206 789 8245. We had the greatest time. He knows exactly where the fish are and he was so helpful and nice I can't say enough good things about him. Like us we were only two, but just call him and he'll let you know what day he has spots open. He's a really nice guy with a big heart.

Diane T

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
66 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Salmon fishing charter out of Seattle

Thank you for the suggestion. I have already booked with a different captain.

I tried contacting Adventure by phone many times over several months and they never returned my call. Unlike other ones I contacted, there is no email address for Steve listed on their web site.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Salmon fishing charter out of Seattle

Just a single trying to find a spot for afternoon Salmon fishing in the Seattle Area for this coming Thursday or Friday afternoon. If you have a spot and are looking for one more plz let me know. matt.frandsen@gmail.com

Thanks.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
66 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Salmon fishing charter out of Seattle

I went on a morning charter with 4 guys that I did not know on http://www.seattlefishing.com/rates.asp. The Capt said that they are always sold out during summer when kings are in. You might luck out with a last minute cancellation. There was one on our trip.

Please be aware that in the Puget Souind area, the limit is 2 salmon each. We took turns as we trolled and everyone caught their 2 fish in a couple of hours.Each fish cost me $100.

If you want to get your fish smoked, I suggest Jensen's Smoke House. They did a great job and shipped it to arrive when I wanted it. There is a 5lb. minimum of fileted fish for smoking.

Good luck.