We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Parking

We have booked the Hyatt at Olive 8 in July and I see now that valet parking is very expensive. Is there any other parking close to the hotel so we can avoid excessive charges?

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking

From a laptop or desktop computer (not a phone), open this forum page and look at the Top Questions on the right hand side. There are several articles that have insider information on parking.

In summary, there is no free lunch, but there are a few hotels which offer less expensive parking. If you're just arriving from the airport, you might not want to rent a car.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,225 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking

actually the Olive 8 being on the 'fringe' of downtown has lots of open air lots which will be far less than the hotel. Just drive around a bit and you will see. You will have to go north of Stewart or around 8 or 9th and you will see lots of choices.

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking

We are thinking now that it may be better to pick up the car when we leave Seattle as we probably won't need it while we are there. Thanks for the advice

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
101 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking

There is a large parking structure under the Pike Street Market and the lower levels on the waterfront. Do you know if that is a 24 hour lot?

Yellowstone...
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking

Click on www.abm.com/Parking/Pages/ParkingLocator.aspx

Enter Seattle WA.

Look for Meridan Parking 5 min.from your hotel approx?

They get $26.00 for 24 hrs including tax.

Above internet information so may not be up to date.

Our first trip same hotel in Sept.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
101 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking

I found the website for Pike Place Market $20.00 for 24 hours and the Westlake Center $24.00 for 24 hours. Both structures are covered. I do not think the taxes are included in the above totals.

Thank you for the link it gives me many options.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
101 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking

I have to correct my earlier posting. The rates are higher. The ABM site that you posted is very good but the rates are up a couple of bucks.

Pike Place Market garage

1531 Western Ave Seattle, WA 98101

Hours

24/7

Rates

0-1 Hour $3

1-2 Hours $6

2-3 Hours $9

3-4 Hours $12

4-10 Hours $20

10-24 Hours $40

I did find parking near my hotel 24 hours for $30.00.

I found another location on the ABM site on Terry Street about a 1/2 mile away.

ASPIRA

1823 TERRY AVE SEATTLE WA 98101

24 hours but the lot closes early during the week.

Westlake Center is up to $28.00 for 24 hours.

Some websites do not include taxes. Other sites links to the rates do not seem to work.

A good site for short term parking is downtownseattle.com/parking/index.html…

The rates are low as $3.00 per hour.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking

Im staying at Red Lion on 5th....hope I can find a parking lot close by....and clues??

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
101 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking

The maximum at Pike Place was $20.00 at the location but higher on the website.

Go to the ABM website enter the location of your hotel she will find the prices nearby.

10. Re: Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, September 04, 2014