We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle in 2 days with two kids

6 posts
Save Topic
Seattle in 2 days with two kids

Hi we are planning to go to Seattle in Aug gor two days what can we see in two days times

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle in 2 days with two kids

Sejal, look on this page on the left and right hand margins for all sorts of information about Seattle. After you have done this reading, write again, but be sure to include the ages of your children. It is good you are starting to plan now, as August is the busiest month for tourism.

6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle in 2 days with two kids

One child is 13 and other one is 11 so I have to go accordingly their Interest They like plane, nature like hiking ,history

Edited: 6:32 pm, January 23, 2013
Renton, WA
Level Contributor
3,999 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seattle in 2 days with two kids

For planes, there is the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field; for history there is the Museum of History and Industry at the south end of Lake Union. I would recommend that you and the kids ride the duck, an amphibious vehicle that does a city tour including some time ON Lake Union. They might also enjoy the Pacific Science Center, which just opened an interactive section just for kids, and if they are into music, the Experience Music Project, which is close to the Space Needle. Not much time left for hiking.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seattle in 2 days with two kids

With just two days in Seattle, you will have plenty to do to keep the kids busy. There is always plenty going on the summer that young teens will enjoy. As suggested, check the links and articles on this page to give you an idea.

Also read through this article for suggestions on activities just for teens. Many of the activities at or near the Seattle Center may be of particular interest, including the EMP/Science Fiction Museum, Space Needle, Ride the Ducks, Chihuly Garden and Glass. On Lake Union, the Center for Wooden Boats is a gem, and with the kids interest in history, the newly opened Museum of History and Industry is terrific, and the Lake Union area is bustling. Do you have accommodations?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60878-c107880/Seattl…

Let us know if you have other questions.

6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seattle in 2 days with two kids

thanks i will start looking

6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seattle in 2 days with two kids

thanks it is lot of information

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seattle in 2 days with two kids

You could check out some of the local parks for hiking without even leaving town. Discovery Park is one. I think they are a little old for the Pacific Science Center (specifically 13 yo) but might like the Museum of History and Industry. They would probably like the Museum of Flight best.

We have a lot of long bike trails, which might be a fun way to get outside and blow off some young teen energy. There are places to rent bikes. The trail on the Seattle waterfront would be fun.

Seattle...
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seattle in 2 days with two kids

There is a lot to see in Seattle with only 2 days. If you are on a budget, I would recommend purchasing a city pass if it includes most of the things you want to do.

Here is what I would suggest as must sees:

The Pike Place Market: www.squidoo.com/Seattle-Pike-Place-Market

from the Pike Place Market, walk down the stairs to the waterfront - lots to see and do including Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe, the Aquarium: http://www.squidoo.com/seattle-aquarium, the new Big Wheel, the fireboats, shopping and restaurants to stop, sit outside and watch the marine traffic on the sound

The Seattle Center where the Space Needle is located: http://www.squidoo.com/seattle-space-needle You should have clear weather in August for a great view.

For history, you will want to visit Pioneer Square. Most people enjoy the Seattle Underground Tour: www.squidoo.com/seattle-underground-tour

When you have limited time and want to see a lot of things and learn a lot about the city in a fun way, I would also recommend the Duck Tour: http://www.squidoo.com/seattle-ride-the-duck

August is a great time to visit Seattle - usually the weather is great.

Edited: 9:31 am, January 26, 2013
9. Re: Seattle in 2 days with two kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 28, 2014