We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle airport vs. Portland airport

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,621 posts
442 reviews
Save Topic
Seattle airport vs. Portland airport

We will be visiting both cities and surrounding areas late June. Is one airport better than the other in terms of ease of use, car rental fees, etc.? Thanks

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,700 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle airport vs. Portland airport

PDX is smaller, but I find SEA perfectly manageable.

I don't know about fees. Some dummy runs at the rental online stores would be the best way to compare that.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,621 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle airport vs. Portland airport

Thanks!!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,307 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seattle airport vs. Portland airport

I love pdx. They have an amazing food and shopping court and its a very easy airport to navigate. I fly all the time out of Seatac and find it can at times get long lines but an easy to navigate airport as well.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,621 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seattle airport vs. Portland airport

Thanks to all!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seattle airport vs. Portland airport

Pdx is the best and one of the easiest to navigate. One of the top rated in the nation. I live in Seattle and frequently choose to fly out of Portland. The light rail is great and easy to get to downtown. I find it cheaper for most fares.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seattle airport vs. Portland airport

Hmm. Seems like extra trouble to get to Portland for a flight. Anyway, they are both nice. I particularly like the artwork around the terminal in Seattle, the Made in Washington store, and Anthony's restaurant. SeaTac the city is nothing to write home about, so don't stay right at the airport other than a single night around a late or early flight.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,621 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seattle airport vs. Portland airport

Thanks!! I suppose I need to get busy checking flights and car rental prices.

Edited: 7:53 am, January 22, 2013
8. Re: Seattle airport vs. Portland airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 24, 2014