We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV Parking near Seattle center?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
33 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
RV Parking near Seattle center?

I am looking for a parking lot near Seattle city center (or within walking distance) where we can park our 30 ft motor home for a day of Seattle sightseeing. Any other suggestions on parking RV near city center OR in lot accessible to public transportation into Seattle would be appreciated.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
946 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RV Parking near Seattle center?

Do you really want to drive a 30 foot RV in Seattle? Here's a recent post on the topic: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60878-i74-k565674…

Their conclusion was the the Woodland Park Zoo had the best option for RV parking at $15.75 a day. Here's the relevant post:

"After literally calling everywhere in Seattle: park & ride, open lots, garages (obviously out), city, chamber, amtrak, cruise ship terminal, terminal 30, Safeco Field, people I know and every attraction you can think of....you get the point. Did find a lot for $61=5 hrs. Walmarts were out of question & too far. Since my boyfriend has a broken foot a lot of things were just out of the question, so I finally contacted someone I know & one of their clients authorized us to drop the trailer at their location for the day which is less than 4 miles away. Thank goodness for friends and favors :) I did find an alternative for those that ever need RV parking is to park at the zoo $15.75 a day and take the bus into Seattle, which is 5 miles. Whew, what an ordeal & I'm sure we aren't the first people just traveling through Seattle for the day with an RV!"

Connecticut
Level Contributor
33 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RV Parking near Seattle center?

No, I don't want to drive a 30 ft RV around Seattle and that's not my intention. We are not towing a car so in order to get around, we will be driving the RV. The public transport system in Seattle doesn't seem too extensive so we are hoping to get an parking lot near the city where we can park the RV and walk to or at worst, get a bus to the highlights (Pike's Market, Pioneer SQ, etc) ,. I will check out the link..... appreciate the info. Thank you!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,656 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RV Parking near Seattle center?

If it's still possible to park your RV by the Woodland Park Zoo, then you can catch Metro route #5 to/from downtown. Note some buses are local & some are express with limited stops. Route map & schedule: …kingcounty.gov/cftemplates/show_map.cfm…

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,552 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RV Parking near Seattle center?

first, what day of the week are you planning to do this? There is a ton of street parking around south lk union, near Fred Hutchinson and the meters allow for 10 hrs of parking. If its a work day, then they get filled but late in the day or early morning you'd be fine. You can then just hop on the streetcar and you'll be downtown. I don't think its a major issue. Just be alert for peak hr parking restrictions and residential only permit restrictions.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
33 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RV Parking near Seattle center?

Thanks all for your suggestions. We are going to be in the city on Sunday July 7th so possibly street parking could be an option. It looks like the best plan is to park at the zoo as a couple of you suggested. We called the zoo and they allow parking in their lot for the day, until midnight (at least in the summer). The cost is $ 15.75 per day and the #5 bus will bring us downtown. Appreciate the good suggestions!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
946 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RV Parking near Seattle center?

The woodland park zoo is your best option, and your odds of finding a parking spot that will accommodate your RV in SLU is low. Parking is not plentiful there. The bus system is just fine. From Woodland Park, it is 30 minutes to downtown.

Edited: 6:09 pm, January 21, 2013
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,552 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RV Parking near Seattle center?

if your in the city on a sunday then parking near the Marriott hotel Lk Union is a breeze. You will find much of the street parking open. I work at Fred Hutch so pretty familiar with the traffic patterns. Its a super easy walk to the streetcar.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RV Parking near Seattle center?

I truly never see RVs downtown. The parking is just not set up for it. David has a good idea for you.

I personally wouldn't park at the zoo. I'd park at Northgate Mall, take a bus to Westlake Center, then take the monorail to Seattle Center. If he has a broken foot, he might want to get one of those knee-wheelie things. Seattle Center itself is large and requires a lot of walking even if there was parking across the street (there isn't).

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,552 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RV Parking near Seattle center?

I live near Northgate and there isn't a lot for rv's to park and for sure not in the 'mall' itself. I think that anywhere close to a bus line you will find a spot for the rv.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
717 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RV Parking near Seattle center?

There are often smaller RVs and camper vans parked on the street beside the 65th Street Park and Ride (they park under the freeway, on Weedin or 8th or whatever it is called in that block). They changed parking regulations there recently, to no parking from 2-5 am, probably specifically to chase of the regular campers. But if you were only going for the day, not overnight, I would think parking on the street there, then taking a bus downtown would be very straight forward. Street parking is free.