We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how fast can i get back to airport after cruise?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
196 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
how fast can i get back to airport after cruise?

We are arriving back from our August cruise on Holland America at 7am. Would I be able to make a 11 am flight that same day?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,923 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how fast can i get back to airport after cruise?

if you could be in a a cab and off the ship no later than 8:30 yes. I've done HAL and at times there will be a long line for cabs for other times not su much. If everything went like clockwork then this plan would work but if there is AMY glitch at all (late arrival, long cab line, hwy 99 closed etc etc) then this is cutting it way too close for comfort and a later plane should be booked.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,371 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how fast can i get back to airport after cruise?

I agree. Is there really no chance the boat will be late? How long does it take to disembark? Does everyone get off at once, needing cabs? It's not the drive to the aiport that's the problem, it's that stuff. But I agree that if you are in a cab at 8:30, you'll be fine. That even allows for the longer security lines we see when an entire cruise ship goes to the airport at once.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,577 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how fast can i get back to airport after cruise?

Really touch and go unless you disembark really early...I believe that HA has something like an "Express Walk Off" that will allow you to be one of the first off the ship. One of the biggest issues is not just getting YOU off the ship but your luggage too. If there is an express walk off, you might have to handle your own luggage. You should talk to HA about it. I am far from a cruise expert, but that might give you more latitude to get your flight.

Austell, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how fast can i get back to airport after cruise?

Id say no. You must disembark, get your bags, go through customs, find a cab, drive 40 mins in good traffic, check your bags, go through security...

Like was said, even if you could count on express departure, pre-arrange the cab, and luck out with traffic, you'll still be a nervous wreck until you are on the plane and in your seat.

5. Re: how fast can i get back to airport after cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 11, 2014