We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to park and ride to downtown Seattle

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Place to park and ride to downtown Seattle

I am driving to Seattle in February from Calgary (through Spokane).

To avoid having to worry about parking and driving in downtown. I was wondering if there was a good place outside of the city where we could leave our car for 48 hours and ride into the city that is not too costly.

Taking the Amtrak from Spokane is almost 100, so would not consider that.

I have been able to do this in Chicago and San Francisco where parking plus transit is less than $10 per person.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,886 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to park and ride to downtown Seattle

there is a large Metro park n ride lot in Bellevue right off of i-90. I don't know how busy it gets. It really isn't that hard to find free parking in Seattle. If its a weekend it may be easier but even just on Dexter ave north of downtown is free parking, some without a 2 hr limit so its easy to park and bus into downtown. Seattle has a 72hr parking law.

Mentioned in this post
Bellevue
Bellevue
Washington
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,765 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to park and ride to downtown Seattle

There are Metro Park & Ride lots located all over King County. The Metro web site is particularly vague about how long you can leave your car, so it may be up to the local city law enforcement to ticket or tow vehicles. There are some security issues to consider as well. Most of the lots are not patrolled and an out of state/country license plate may stick out to would be thieves or law enforcement.

You'll find more info on the county Park & Ride System here: …kingcounty.gov/tops/parknride/parknride.html

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to park and ride to downtown Seattle

You might want to use airport parking instead, for the security of your car. You can take the light rail in to town.

4. Re: Place to park and ride to downtown Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 10, 2014