We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bridesmaid Brunch on a Friday Morning

Clover, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bridesmaid Brunch on a Friday Morning

My daughter will be married in May in Seattle, and we are looking for a wonderful place to have a bridesmaid brunch on a Friday morning. We will be staying in the Queen Anne area of Seattle and would appreciate recommendations. We have eaten at Toulouse Petit before, but they do not take reservations for breakfast and lunch. Any suggestions?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,288 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bridesmaid Brunch on a Friday Morning

If you have a car Ivers salmon house is quite nice is right on the water. McCormick and schmick has a restaurant app called the Harborside also on Lake Union.

Level Contributor
36,329 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bridesmaid Brunch on a Friday Morning

Maximillen @ The Market has pretty views and wonderful food. We really enjoyed our brunch there when we were in Seattle. :)

Clover, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bridesmaid Brunch on a Friday Morning

Thank you for the suggestions! I remember eating at Harborside before on one of our visits and had forgotten it. The view at Ivar's Salmon House looks fantastic, but I'm not sure they will let us reserve a room for 15-20 people. I'm checking now. Thanks for your help.

Clover, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bridesmaid Brunch on a Friday Morning

Thank you....it also looks wonderful. Since we will have guests traveling from South Carolina, I know they would enjoy anything to do with Pike Place Market. Appreciate your help!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,150 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bridesmaid Brunch on a Friday Morning

Another vote for Ivar's Salmon House. Yes, they do have a room that you can reserve. We have been in it for private parties and it worked well.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bridesmaid Brunch on a Friday Morning

I don't think you are going to find brunch on a weekday. I think you'll have to decide whether you want breakfast or lunch. People seem to have missed this part of the question--for example, Maxamilien and Ivar's (I would not recommend Ivar's anyway--I think the quality is poor) only have lunch on weekdays. Their brunch menus are only available on weekends, and they don't open until lunchtime.

So I guess the next question is--do you want breakfast or lunch?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,567 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bridesmaid Brunch on a Friday Morning

I think Christy1 has nailed it. Seattle isn't big on breakfast places & you're only going to find brunch available on the weekend. I think you'll need to choose breakfast or lunch.

Maybe somewhere like Macrina Bakery in Belltown which is open for both.

www.macrinabakery.com/belltown-cafe.php

Another option would be to have something catered & delivered to the hotel where you're staying.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,557 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bridesmaid Brunch on a Friday Morning

There's a waterfront private dining room at Six-Seven, the highly regarded restaurant at the Edgewater Hotel, right on (actually over) the water on the central waterfront. I wouldn't be too concerned about breakfast v. brunch v. lunch v. "blunch" - that can be worked out with the management.

edgewaterhotel.com/seattle-six-seven-restaur…

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bridesmaid Brunch on a Friday Morning

Ooo Six-Seven - that is the best possible view. Good for a fancy event where the looks are important.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bridesmaid Brunch on a Friday Morning

Award winning and currently hot Seattle Chef Renee Erickson offers weekday brunch at Boat Street Cafe which is in the northern part of Belltown. No views but a gorgeous space. http://www.boatstreetcafe.com/

Renee has gotten a lot of national accolades for her oyster focused Walrus and the Carpenter in Ballard and just opened up Whale Wins in Fremont. However Boat Street is her primary restaurant.