We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a possible 2 week trip this summer

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
391 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a possible 2 week trip this summer

We have been thinking about how to spend our annual trip out west this summer.

Who: My wife and I, good shape, early 50's, enjoy hiking, good food, local brews and the outdoors. Don't mind exploring cities either.

When: Late July or early August.

Recent Trip History:

2012: Canadian Rockies

2011: Reno to Mt St Helens and most all of Oregon

2010: Glacier and Yellowstone

2009: The 5 National Parks in Utah plus Grand Canyon

Where: Looking at Olympic, Rainier, Cascades and possibly venturing into BC to see Vancouver and Whistler. This past summer we visited eastern BC.

Is it possible to fit in all these destinations in 14 or 15 days?

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a possible 2 week trip this summer

This TA written article might help you to plan a major portion of this trip:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60878-c112037/Seattl…

I'm rewriting the article to simplify the sequence and add information; if you wish to see the newer version (I'm not ready to post it yet), PM me with your email address and I'll send it.

Also, did you drive the Three Capes Route on your OR coast trip? :)

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a possible 2 week trip this summer

voyaging, nice to chat with you again. Thanks for the link and offer. Sometimes I can be too ambitious with the itinerary, but I think we would be OK. Yes, we did the Three Capes Loop, although there was a significant detour in the summer of 2011. Here are some pics of that portion of our trip.

https:/…NorthernOregonCoastAugust122011

Edited: 1:29 am, December 25, 2012
3. Re: Planning a possible 2 week trip this summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 27, 2013