We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day of arrival suggestions

Hartford...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Day of arrival suggestions

We are arriving into Seattle from the East Coast at around 11am, with 14 people we cannot check into our rental home until 4pm. We will have rental cars any suggestions for lunch and a short diversion for that day. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Day of arrival suggestions

I do agree, you have many choices. It depends on your travel agenda, style, goals, and how many days you have in the Seattle area to sight-see.

Gene Coulon Park is a very good suggestion and option. It is about 15 minutes from the airport. Right in the park they have a two very good options for a quick bite to eat, Ivar's and Kidd Valley Burgers, with outdoor seating. There is a swimming beach, kayak rentals, marina for day use. Your family could laze away at the park. After landing and picking up your rental car, you would be there about 12/12:30. But for me, after a quick bite, unless we decided to kayak, there would not be enough to do for another three hours waiting to check in to the house. And, as mentioned above, do know that even our late June weather can be fickle. It could be warm and lovely or dreary and chilly.

The Landing, as mamma0233 mentioned, is also close to Gene Coulon, with more restaurants. But it is just an open-air shopping area, with typical, and not that unique retail (i.e.; Target, TJ Maxx, Cost Plus). Or, perhaps, this option could work for you if you need to do some grocery shopping for the house. There are several grocery stores very convenient to the area.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Hartford...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Day of arrival suggestions

Thanks for all your suggestions, will take them all into consideration, we will have 2 adttional full days available to us (Sunday and Monday) and heading to the cruise ship on Tuesday. Any suggestions for those days are welcome also.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,911 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Day of arrival suggestions

Day of Arrival, perhaps head to the Boeing Musuem of Flight at Boeing Field. Its close to the airport. Spend an hr or more there and then go to "Coulon Park in Renton. There used to be an Ivars right there as well.

For other days I think driving and parking is a hassle but with that many people what I would do is head to the Seattle Center and park as its pretty reasonable. Then follow the One Day itinerary without a car which you will find on the top right. This can easily be changed to a two day itinerary

Mentioned in this post
Renton
Renton
Washington
Seattle Center
Seattle Center
1,294 Reviews
Seattle, WA
14. Re: Day of arrival suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 19, 2013