We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belltown to CenturyLink Field--What is the best route?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
85 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Belltown to CenturyLink Field--What is the best route?

We're visiting Seattle next month for a weekend and will be attending both a Huskies game on a Saturday as well as a Seahawks game on Sunday, so we need to get to and from CenturyLink field twice. We'll most likely be staying at the Belltown Court Condo's (address 2415 2ND AVE). When I use the online SoundTransit trip planner it has me take the bus to 2nd Ave & James Street and then walk 13 minutes to the stadium. It seems to me that a faster/easier way would be to take the Light Rail to the Stadium Station, considering the Westlake Station is only a few blocks from Belltown Court. Is there an advantage to using the bus route I'm not understanding? Why is the bus the only option SoundTransit is giving me on their trip planner?

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belltown to CenturyLink Field--What is the best route?

Try using Metro Transit's trip planner. Sound Transit is the agency for trips outside the city and yours is fully inside the city.

There are numerous ways to get there. One is to go to 3rd Ave and ask the next bus driver that shows up if they go to Jackson Street.

You will have to walk a little bit, no matter what. But it could be as little as one block plus the parking lot. On game days there are generally pedicabs starting at King Street if you want to make your walk shorter.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,687 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belltown to CenturyLink Field--What is the best route?

I agree. Try Metro bus planner, that's what most of the downtown busses operated under. Sound Transit focuses more outside the city. I don't see why you couldn't use the LightRail from Westlake to the Stadium stop, seems like that would work. It's not all that far depending how ambitious you are you could even walk there. Just get on 1st Avenue and head south! You'd go from Belltown, past the Market, thru downtown then Pioneer Square and then into the stadiums area.

suze

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
894 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belltown to CenturyLink Field--What is the best route?

Light rail is also cheaper than the bus ($2 vs $2.25), and you can pay for your tickets with cards while buses take exact cash only.

Check out the satellite picture showing the stadium and C Link at soundtransit.org/Schedules/… to get orientated how to get to the stadium.

Level Contributor
85 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belltown to CenturyLink Field--What is the best route?

Thanks all, that helps a lot. I wasn't even aware of the Metro planner so that is great to have. The walk sounds like a nice way to explore the city, I'll be 30 weeks pregnant by this point and we'll already be doing a lot of walking so we'll have to see if I'm up for it.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
940 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belltown to CenturyLink Field--What is the best route?

You're going to be a little bit of a walk to the nearest light rail station. I would walk up to 3rd Ave (between Vine and Cedar) and take a bus from there. Any of the buses heading south should get you to downtown, but in particular the #14, #21, and #124 will get you to 5th and Jackson which is a short walk to the stadium. Alternatively, you can transfer at Westlake to the light rail if you feel more comfortable with that. Virtually any bus at that stop will take you there. Be aware that if you transfer to light rail, you are required to pay twice. Metro transfers do not work on ST buses or Link light rail.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,687 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Belltown to CenturyLink Field--What is the best route?

I've been thinking of this question and (agreeing with the last post above) I think using Metro bus would work out better. Because of your Belltown location you aren't exactly all that close to the LightRail line. I'd check out which Metro busses run on 1st or 2nd Ave from as far north as your condo and getting you down as far south as at least Jackson, or maybe there's even one running on 1st all the way to the stadium?

7. Re: Belltown to CenturyLink Field--What is the best route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 30, 2013