We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle New Years 2012/2013

calgary ab
2 posts
Save Topic
Seattle New Years 2012/2013

I will be in Seattle with my boyfriend for New Years Eve and am looking for a place that will have good dinner, live music, and dancing (not club music but normal dance music). not too young a crowd...IDEAS?

Seattle...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

Many restaurants offer some events. I've done Ponti near the Fremont Bridge in the past. Don't recall any dancing. But the dinner was lovely, served slowly in courses, European style with a midnight toast.

I've been looking into the Seattle Symphony at Benaroya but not finding much information/details. But what I can gather, they have Beethoven's 9th with dancing, cocktails and dessert after with a midnight toast sort of thing. But aside from ticket price, I can't find details on said drinks and dessert anywhere. I'll post back if I can find it. Tickets are around $60 up to $150 depending on seating.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

There are a few live music venues in Ballard a few miles north of downtown. Artist Home (who books talent for Doe Bay Fest (on Orcas Island) -- one of the hottest music tickets of the Summer) is doing a NYE party at Conor Byrne. Here is the info from Brown Paper Tickets:

Artist Home New Year's Eve Party w/ The All Star Band and Joseph Giant

Artist Home, the lovely folks behind the Summer Bonfire Series, Slack Fest and many other community inspired events, invite you to a very special NYE celebration at Conor Byrne Pub in Ballard.

The evenings festivities will be headlined by an all star band featuring a rotating mixed bag of musicians from some of Seattle's most beloved local bands playing original and cover songs perfectly suited for a New Years celebration. The All Star Band is made up of members of Big Sur, The Maldives, Smokey Brights, Hounds of the Wild Hunt, Pipsisewah, and Friday Mile.

Opening the evenings festivities will be one of our favorite local bands, Joseph Giant.

Looking for a cheap yet fun way to celebrate the New Year in Ballard? Look no further!

Tickets are only $12 :)

The Tractor, one of the most famous music venues in town, almost right across the street from Conor Byrne on historic Ballard Ave. is having a NYE show with Supersuckers.

The Sunset Tavern in Ballard is having 80's cover band Rewind for their NYE party.

The High Dive in Fremont is having its "So long Y2K12!" party with Ayron Jones & The Way Scrumptious & The Backbeat and Boxcar Rebellion

Charge: $10 advanced, $12 at the door

Time: 9pm

Edited: 6:40 pm, November 27, 2012
tacoma wa
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

If you like Earth Wind and Fire, Kalimba a Tribute to the Elements is putting on their Champagne Jam at the China Harbor Restaurant in their ballroom. Check them out at their website www.kalimbaband.com

Auburn, Washington...
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

If you love the music of Earth, Wind and Fire check out KALIMBA (a tribute to EWF) at China Harbor Restaurant on west Lake Union. More details and ticketing at www.KalimbaBand.com

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

Here is the link to the Century Ballroom party...

centuryballroom.com/home/…new-years-eve-2012

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

Just came across this article on NYE dinner out ...

seattlemet.com/eat-and-drink/nosh-pit/articl…

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

A few other suggestions:

seattlemag.com/holiday-date-night-where-make…

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

I also posted this under the black friday/ holidays thread.

Seattle Met's guide to NYE

seattlemet.com/arts-and-entertainment/cultur…

19. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 16, 2013