We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle New Years 2012/2013

calgary ab
2 posts
Save Topic
Seattle New Years 2012/2013

I will be in Seattle with my boyfriend for New Years Eve and am looking for a place that will have good dinner, live music, and dancing (not club music but normal dance music). not too young a crowd...IDEAS?

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

It's a little too early to say, but there will be places for that. What age are you talking? Capitol Hill is a fun neighborhood on holiday nights.

calgary ab
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

i just don't want the club party feel with a bunch of 21yr olds. I'm looking for good music, good wine, good dinner, and a crowd that wants the same.

I know its early... total keener

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

There will be dancing at the Century Ballroom in Capitol Hill, and there are many excellent restaurants nearby. I don't know of a place that has both. There is an Argosy ship with a dance floor, which I presume will be going out on New Year's Eve. That would be fun and definitely not the party-hearty crowd.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,871 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

I agree you are probably not going to find a good dinner at a place that also offers dancing and live music. I'd figure out where you want to dance/hear music by looking at venue listings in December (look at www.thestranger.com or seattleweekly.com). Then separately find a good restaurant nearby and make reservations (maybe ask us again once you decide on a music venue). It can be impossible to get a cab on NYE here so I'd make sure you can walk between points.

Langley, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

If you love Blues - Highway 99

Triple Door is also a good choice.

Lake Stevens,
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

A great place to check out is prohibition in Everett, WA. They have jazz. For 50.00 a person you get a three course dinner, live music and champaign and a undisclosed surprise at midnight. Hope this helps.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,132 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

Look at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel. They will undoubtedly offer a special dinner package ($$$$$) and possibly dancing in their lounge. Can't think of a more beautiful place to welcome the New Year.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

Well...it is pricey, but the Space Needle has dinner + dancing. Or just dessert + dancing. Plus the amazing fireworks.

www.spaceneedle.com/visit/calendar.html

Century Ballroom always has dinner + dancing, and that would be an excellent choice, but it is almost sold out - better hurry!

www.centuryballroom.com/html/newyear10.html

Information is a little hard to find, but there is dancing at the Seattle Center in the Center House, with the dance band Rhythm Nation. The food vendors will be open. I would call the Seattle Center directly for more information.

Waterways Cruises have a heavy appetizer + dessert + dancing cruises (but no dinner).

…waterwayscruises.com/Cruises/…

cruise=New_Year’s_Eve_Cocktail_Cruise_2012_Seattle&schedule=1034

Queen of Seattle, appetizers + dancing. queenofseattle.com/pages/theme/new-years.asp

9. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, November 26, 2012
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seattle New Years 2012/2013

I had to go find out -- Space Needle with dinner is $250 per person. You can go to the observation deck for dessert for only $100 each.