We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vancouver to port angeles

Easton, PA
Level Contributor
82 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
vancouver to port angeles

We will be in Vancouver with a car. We want to take ferry to Victoria and then on to Port Angeles. Can this be done easily in one day or are we better off taking two days? If we go from Vancouver to Victoria and spend the night there I just wonder if we will have enough time if on the second day take the ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles and then drive to Hurrican Ridge and down to Forks? Traveling April 30 to Victoria.

Appreciate comments!

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Port Angeles
Port Angeles
Washington
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,854 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: vancouver to port angeles

maybe ask that on the Victoria or Vancouver forum. A sunday nite is always busy. Lots of Island people come to the mainland and vice versa so I would think getting a reservation will avoid a long line up at the ferry. With a reservation you have to get there 1/2 hr before the sailing so I would allow one hr from downtown just to be safe.

Mentioned in this post
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: vancouver to port angeles

davidgmg is right.

Note that the BC Ferries (between Vancouver and Victoria) sail by the hour or at least every 2 hours. If you miss the first ferry, or if you arrive at the terminal and the next ferry is full, you'll have an hour or two (or more) before the next one rolls in.

Sunday nights generally are busier than other days of the week, so it might be a good idea to make a reservation. While reservations *aren't* necessary, if you don't plan to make one, be prepared to wait.

Mentioned in this post
BC Ferries
BC Ferries
3,560 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada