We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Space Needle

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
493 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near Space Needle

Bought the City PASS and first night in Seattle we are going to Space Needle so we can revisit the following day.

Can someone recommend a nice sit down restaurant (family of 4; 2 are teenagers) moderately priced that is walking distance to Space Needle?

Like to have dinner before visiting Space Needle which I believes closes at 9PM.

Thank you! LonnaLinda

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Space Needle

Hi LL!

My personal favorite that meets your request is Tilikum Place Cafe...

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60878-d15…

Read the reviews and the menu, and see what you think.

www.tilikumplacecafe.com

For some weird reason Tripadvisor lists it as Moroccan. It is not. The recent review summarized it nicely: Attentive service, nice laid back atmosphere and terrific food.

And it's a 4 minute walk to the Space Needle! Probably the closest restaurant (after MacDonalds).

-Karl

p.s., time your trip to go up the needle before sunset, watch sunset at the top, then marvel at the city lights sprinkled out below.

Edited: 3:55 pm, July 15, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Space Needle

p.p.s.,

while the Space Needle restaurant stops serving at 9:45, the observation deck is open until midnight.

www.spaceneedle.com/visit/hours.html

-K

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,995 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Space Needle

You might try the food court and restaurants at Seattle Center's Center House. Although some of the choices are "fast food" type eateries, I believe there are at least a couple that are in their own separate enclosed space and would certainly be considered nice sit-down restaurants. Check out the Seattle Center websitfor listings (and possibly menus).

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,123 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near Space Needle

I don't think the food court is what you were asking for, given your request for "a nice sit down restaurant," but I can't advise you until I know what you consider moderately priced. I would suggest an early dinner at Palace Kitchen, but that might not fit your definition of moderately priced.

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
493 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near Space Needle

OH MY, thank you for the replies!!

Karl, The Tilikum Place Cafe sounds delightful; liked the ambiance! Prices seemed very reasonable. And thanks for the Space Needle time frame. For some reason I thought it closed at 9PM; perfect that it remains open until midnight.

OregonJohn, I will do some further review of the Seattle Center to see what options there are for sit down. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kaleberg, The Palace Kitchen is also in our price range. It seemed to have a few more menu alternatives (for teenagers) than the Tilikum. Looked very nice.

I'll ask the family on which restaurant but sounds like we have 2 equal winners recommended which are close to the Space Needle.

Thanks again for the help and quick replies. LL

seattle
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant near Space Needle

I like the 'Collections Cafe' that is part of the new Chihuly building. Interesting menu and decor featuring the personal, eclectic collections of Dale Chihuly. Moderately priced too with options in both small and large plates. It is right under the Space Needle.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,995 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant near Space Needle

Center House at Seattle Center has recently undergone extensive renovatiion, which, I understand includes some upgrades in the food offerings. Not all are "food court" -- and even in the past, there was at least one "sit-down" place in the building (seafood??)

If that doesn't pan out, Palace Kitchen is a great option. One of our favorites. You might also enjoy another of Tom Douglas' restaurants -- Serious Pie (Incredible pizza), just a couple blocks from the Palace Kitchen. We plan to eat there when we visit Seattle for the King Tut and Chihuly exhibits in early September.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant near Space Needle

Oh there are so many choices. Palace Kitchen, Serious Pie, Tilikum are all terrific. I will throw a few more into the mix.

Right across from the Space Needle in the Fisher Plaza is Sport, one of our family favorites. It is more moderately priced, bar-food-eclectic type menu, and the TVs at every booth are a novelty my boys think is cool.

http://www.sportrestaurant.com/

On the west side of Seattle Center, Toulouse Petit is yummy, and features small plates. http://toulousepetit.com/

Edited: 9:55 am, July 16, 2012
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant near Space Needle

I have taken many teens to events at Seattle center. They like the new Center Court options, but as noted they are not sit-down.

Other nearby favorites are The Mecca Cafe, a diner type place with a cool vibe, Genki Sushi above QFC on Mercer, a kaiten conveyor belt sushi place with both cooked and raw options, and Racha Thai. They also often choose Dick's Hamburgers, a local classic on Queen Anne Ave.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant near Space Needle

We are a party of 9 people, with teenagers. We're would you suggest we go for dinner and enjoy some festivities for New Year?