We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flat Rate For Hire

Florida
Level Contributor
567 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Flat Rate For Hire

anyone have any reviews on them?

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

We just returned from a week in the Seattle area and used both flat rate car for hire and the light rail. Our flight arrived at 830pm and since we were a family of 4 (2adults, 2 teenagers) with luggage we opted for flat rate car to get from SEA-TAC to our hotel in the City Center area near the Space Needle. I had made the reservation earlier that day and the car arrived at the designated time. I even got a text message on my phone as we waited at baggage claim that our car had been dispatched and would arrive in 10-15 minutes. The driver was pleasant and we arrived at our hotel with no issues. The fare was about $32.

For our return today, hubby dropped me and the boys off with our luggage at the light rail station at 4th and Pine and then he returned the rental car to Avis on 5th and walked over. Once he arrived we all took the train out to SEA-TAC. The train was an easy, low cost way to get there. The walk from the stop to our terminal (AA) was an easy walk, about 10 minutes as others have indicated. We had 3 big bags and each had a carry on and it really was no issue at all. Our biggest issue was to find a place near the station downtown that he could drop us off so we didn't have to lug the bags all the way from the Avis location. We found a spot around the block on 3rd(i think) that was for delivery trucks and we just pulled up and quick jumped out.

I would recommend both of these options for transit to/from airport and downtown.

Jo

Florida
Level Contributor
567 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

JoJo967,

Excellent review - just what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing!

Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

I was like you. . . very curious about Flat Rate for Hire. My wife and I used them when getting around Seattle. We got from our SEA hotel to the cruise ship (pier 91) for $35. That was CHEAP compared to taxis or town cars.

Here's the secret. Don't use FRFH going short distances or multiple stops (like downtown pickup, pickup luggage then to SEA). Use them for point A to point B. . the longer the better.

Definitely get a price before taking off. We had a much better experience with these guys than we did with a regular cab company in Seattle.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,069 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

flat rate for hire does a $7 fare for within a zip code so still a good deal on short runs. Taxi rates in Seattle will go up by the end of summer so i anticipate the flat rate companies will also raise fares sligtly but still better. Any option in Seattle that does not meter by time normally will save you money especially in traffic.

15. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, December 24, 2012
16. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, December 24, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

Posts 15 & 16 reported.

TripAdvisor isn't the place to post your political rants. :o(

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,069 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

They are regulated just like any other taxi firm in Seattle. However like town cars they must be ordered and can't be flagged down. I found them to be more reliable than yellow cab.

19. Re: Flat Rate For Hire

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 27, 2013