We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eastside For Hire

Etna, Ohio
Level Contributor
542 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Eastside For Hire

Has anyone had experience with Eastside For Hire for transportation from a downtown Seattle hotel to SeaTac? According to their website, the cost is estimated at $25 which is less that an taxi, towncar or ShuttleExpress. www.eastsideforhire.com

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,552 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eastside For Hire

I see their cars around town. They are garishly painted taxi cabs. Since cabs are a flat $32 from downtown to seatac for $7 I wouldn'[t worry about it and just take a cab. This rate is from any downtown hotel so as long as your in the 'zone' you have a flat rate. This is only TO airport and not FROM

Etna, Ohio
Level Contributor
542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eastside For Hire

Just trying to save $7 if I can!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,552 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eastside For Hire

why not take lt rail then for $2.75. Works very well and takes 35 minutes. If you know where your staying I can direct you.

Etna, Ohio
Level Contributor
542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eastside For Hire

Thanks, but public transportation with luggage is not my thing. I want door-to-door. Righ now I am at the Vintage Park but will try for something on Priceline or Hotwire when time gets closer. I'll be in Seattle May 6, arriving by Amtrak from Vancouver and leaving May 8.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,552 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eastside For Hire

if its only you then you should also check which hotels shuttle express runs airport shuttles from . If your close to one of the hotels listed then its only $15

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eastside For Hire

We used Eastside For Hire on Saturday. We booked in advance and were quoted a rate of $28.00 flat from the airport to our hotel in downtown Seattle. We verified that price with the driver, but when we arrived at the hotel, he said we had to pay an additional $9.00 for keeping him waiting at the airport. This didn't come up until we got to the hotel.

We did keep the driver waiting, but he arrived 20 minutes before the arranged flight time and we were delayed by about 15 minutes. We felt the old bait and switch and we won't use them again.

I recommend you take another option, as there are many. I have used the Airporter bus services in the past and those work well, even with luggage.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,552 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eastside For Hire

there was a recent article about these flat rate taxis. Seems they are skirting the issue of taxi vs towncar by advertising as a 'flat rate service'. I think they can be fine but I thinki your experience is worth noting if it comes up again in the forum. For the problem you had I always suggest people just take the flat rate towncars based at the airport and regulated by the port of Seattle

Stila is the 'official' on sight limo

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
4,299 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Eastside For Hire

Eastside for Hire is an unregulated service, as davidgmg says. Caveat emptor. If anything goes wrong or if the driver wants twice as much as quoted you will get no help from the authorities (who are, as I understand it), taking action against the company to get it to play by the rules.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eastside For Hire

Or try it -- pack light so you don't have bags held hostage in the trunk, and carry cash to pay the fare. That's what you have to do in Vietnam and other parts of the world. Get out, hand them the agreed upon fare and leave. They may curse your departing shadow, but oh well. And you will have saved $7.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
285 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eastside For Hire

I used Eastside for Hire once years ago. not related to airport. Driver took me to my home (I was a female alone in cab near midnight) and told me a $ figure. My ride was 2 miles (downtown Bellevue to Clyde Hill) and I saw he had written down Fall City as one end of the trip (considerably farther) in his travel log. I paid without saying anything and took down the cab #. Probably my bad to raise a stink, but he knew where I lived and I decided the extra $s were worth the peace of mind.

My call to their office the next day yielded no results, so I think this is their MO. I've never used them again and would warn you against doing so yourself.

Per another above post, shady practices.