We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Seattle

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
37 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Seattle

Wife and I will have two full days in Seattle 2nd week of November. Please recommend top sights and tour of "must see" if possible. We are not the touristy type, would like to see real Seattle, where City people dine, hang out and have fun. For restaurants, we look for value, good food at good price. Thanks for all assistance.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,851 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Seattle

It's all on this page already. Look to the right column. Look to the left column. And for future reference, every forum on TripAdvisor has similar information about a destination.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,912 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Seattle

sort of hard to suggest the top must see things to do, when you don't want to do anything touristy. The top things are touristy however the Pike Place mkt is really for locals especially this time of yr.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,784 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Seattle

While people do visit Seattle year round I think you'll find that in October/November/autumn things are winding down. Seattle is definitely a 'foodie' town thanks to the 'celebrity' chefs who live and run their restaurants here. Sample some of our wonderful seafood - especially varieties of which you don't have at home.You can now actually walk through Pike Place Market without the hordes of people who stop to talk/gawk at every stall. Take a ferry ride to Bainbridge Is. or to Bremerton with the 1000's of people commuting to and from work everyday.

As suggested by Kaleberg & David above have a look at the 'restaurants' and 'things to do' on the green bar at the top of this page. If something interests you, please post your questions about whatever catches your eye.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Pike Place Market
Pike Place Market
17,633 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Bremerton
Bremerton
Washington
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
37 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in Seattle

sodomojo, thanks a lot - exactly what I was looking for. Eat, meet people and relax. thanks again.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,963 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in Seattle

Try to get to some of the vibrant neighborhoods close to downtown like Capitol Hill, Queen Anne, Fremont, Ballard or West Seattle. We have so much going on year round. Even in the fall and winter. You just bring layers. Walk on a beautiful Puget Sound like Alki or Golden Gardens and take in the views. Catch some theater or art house cinema. Visit a small winery, distillery or brewery. I have posted on wineries, breweries and coffee houses in the recent past. Seattle's got all of these in the city limits. There is also a well loved indie chocolate factory in Fremont. In almost any neighborhood there are tons of indie coffee shops, great small bakeries and patisseries, quirky boutiques and great restaurants. Seattle's tremendous Elliott Bay Books is in Capitol Hill (and they have numerous readings and other events) but there are great new and used bookstores in most neighborhoods. We have some important art collections that are largely off the tourist radar (Western Bridge, the Henry) as well as number of small, interesting museums of different types. In Ballard, where I live, there is a notable Scandinavian community. The Nordic Heritage museum, tucked away in the neighborhood, is on the tail end of its Nordic Fashion Biennial. nordicmuseum.org/…nordicfashionbiennale. They also have a neat permanent exhibition about the Scandinavian immigration and settling of Ballard. Downtown near the container ship docks is an intriguing US Coast Guard museum and they often allow tours of the icebreakers homeported at the Coast Guard docks. www.rexmwess.com/cgpatchs/cogardmuseum.html. Here are some more listings

www.seattle.gov/html/visitor/museums.htm

Here is an event list where I made some selections just to give you an idea of what kinds of things are going to be going on when you are here but play with it and see what appeals to you.

seattleweekly.com/events/…

If you have a few specific interests just let us know and we can give you advice on things you might enjoy during the time you are here.

-K

Mentioned in this post
Capitol Hill
Capitol Hill
147 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Fremont
Fremont
280 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Hotel Ballard
Hotel Ballard
307 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Alki Beach
Alki Beach
878 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Golden Gardens Park
Golden Gardens Park
216 Reviews
Seattle, WA
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
37 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days in Seattle

You wander among Tourist Guide books and forums, and then all of a sudden, kabbum, a great insider Traveler provides exactly what you are looking for ... THANK YOU KLSALAS, my wife and I will exactly follow your reco - looking forward to our short honeymoon in Seattly, sure we'll love it!!!

Thanks to all, adrivera

7. Re: 2 days in Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 01, 2012