We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snoqualmie Falls

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Snoqualmie Falls

After talking with a friend today, she suggested visiting Snoqualmie Falls while in Seattle next summer. Is there a way to get there without a car?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
888 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snoqualmie Falls

You can, but it'll take a little while and there is only one bus an hour (none at all on Sundays).

Try using the Metro Transit trip planner at http://metro.kingcounty.gov/ridertools/. Enter Snoqualmie Falls as your destination (the stop is right outside the falls entrance).

A Moose

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snoqualmie Falls

Thanks, I'll try it, Do you think it's worth it to go?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,672 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snoqualmie Falls

there is a nice tour that goes there and includes some wineries in Woodinville. If you were just driving to the falls its nice enough but adding in some backroads and scenery makes for a nice day. If you rent a car there is an outlet mall there as well. Look at

customizedtours.net

waterfall and winerey tour.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snoqualmie Falls

Agree with David, it's nice enough... But much better extending as he suggested.

Snoqualmie Falls is east of Seattle less than one hour, very scenic. If you go, consider also driving the pastoral Snoqualmie River Valley (Rte. 203) and then on to Woodinville for wine tasting.

http://www.snoqualmiefalls.com/

http://www.woodinvillewinecountry.com/

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snoqualmie Falls

I will be traveling with two teenagers so not sure the wine tour would work out. I will check your links. Thanks

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snoqualmie Falls

There are "tons" of things to do here, especially if you have a car. If no car, one TA Article David wrote: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60878-c2242/Seattle:…

Select "Things to Do", left hand column; several pages worth.

If with car: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60878-c112037/Seattl…

As your trip approaches, we are here to help.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snoqualmie Falls

I'll be visiting next summer so plenty of time for research and planning.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snoqualmie Falls

The trail to the bottom of the falls is closed for a couple more years at least, so you're restricted to the view from the top which is just so-so. Still worth a visit if in the area... the old lodge is there. As noted there are a few other scenic areas to explore east of Seattle not far from Snoqualmie Falls.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snoqualmie Falls

Snoqualmie Falls makes sense as part of a day trip with other stops. For me, it works best if you have rented a car - for example you could continue on east to the Pass or some other wonderful hikes in the area. Yes, you can get to the Falls on public transportation, but just to take a bus to the Falls and back (knowing the trail to the bottom is closed) will take much of your day for not alot of return - esp with teens!

During the summer there are SO many other things for families to do either on foot or utilizing public transportation that teens would enjoy/much prefer. Unless you plan on renting a car, I would take the Falls off the list.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snoqualmie Falls

I really don't want to rent a car. So maybe I'll reconsider going to the falls. Still in the early planning stages here, so much to think about.