We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying down town - save money parking at airpot?

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Staying down town - save money parking at airpot?

Staying downtown for two nights in early august.

I am driving and want to avoid paying the $30+ daily parking fee at the hotel.

I was thinking of parking at SeaTac airport then taking the light rail downtown.

Won't need the car while were downtown, just using it to get to Seattle.

Would this be viable? Any suggestions on where to park at SeaTac? Preferably a spot near the light rail station.

Thanks!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying down town - save money parking at airpot?

You could do that. Just read the forum posts for parking regarding recommendations.

The Maxwell Hotel at Seattle Center offers free parking.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,169 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying down town - save money parking at airpot?

I think its sort of silly to park at the airport to save $30. Airport parking is $14 dollars plus there is an airport pkg tax. Why not just park on the fringe of downtown? Street p[arking is free after 6 and all day sunday. Here is a website

parkingspotter.com/parking-in-seattle.html

You could park in the park n ride lot at Northgat Mall and take the 41 express bus in. Runs every 15 minute with no stops till downtown.

3. Re: Staying down town - save money parking at airpot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 05, 2012