We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the weather in Seattle in the month of June?

Escondido...
Level Contributor
9 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
How is the weather in Seattle in the month of June?

I am going to be visiting Seattle in the month of June. How is the weather that time of year?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,462 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the weather in Seattle in the month of June?

We have June Gloom too, except ours tends to involve windshield wipers.

Not every day, of course, and June 30 is VERY different from June 1.

Some years it's warm and sunny, but most locals like to say that summer starts July 5th, so as to provide for a rainy 4th.

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,125 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the weather in Seattle in the month of June?

Our weather is impossible to predict. It could go either way in June. Not impossible to experience beautiful sunny summer weather. But as mentioned above sometimes it is gloomy and you wouldn't even know summer had arrived but for the leaves on the trees. -suze

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,105 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the weather in Seattle in the month of June?

last couple of years we have referred to the month as Junuary as its been unusual but come anytime and it may be great. It varies yr to yr.

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the weather in Seattle in the month of June?

www.weatherbase.com

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How is the weather in Seattle in the month of June?

Unlike most of the other rainy months, where there is fog/drizzle /light rain for days on end June, while it can still be wet, tends to be more like heavy brief showers in between sun breaks. Can still be cool but stronger and longer sunshine brews up more convection clouds than the low stratus of the rest of the year. Often even small hail in the convergence zones north of Seattle and over on Kitsap Penninsula. One minute you are in a downpour and the next grabbing for sunglasses due to glare off wet roads. Great time of year for late day rainbows looking east toward Cascades. Just carry the both shades and bumbershoot when going out.

BC
Level Contributor
5,484 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How is the weather in Seattle in the month of June?

I am surprised by what I have read. I guess that I was really lucky, prior to our trip this past November, my previous visit (aside from airport stopovers) to Seattle was in May 2009.

It was brilliantly sunny and warm, sleeveless shirt weather, for the Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

My son also visited Seattle this past May 2010, and he had great weather as well.

Didn't want you guys to scare everyone off! We all know that Mother Nature is the boss and you have to take what you can get.

Washington
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How is the weather in Seattle in the month of June?

No, I don't think it should scare people off at all. It's just the truth. June is so variable. Most likely, you will be in shorts, tees, and sandals, but a light jacket (waterproof!) is still an essential. I start swimming and water skiing in May, and by June the lake is starting to warm, but by no means is everyday pleasant.

Summer 2010 was absolutely miserable. Weather records show that June 2010, had only one (1!) day of sunny skies. The good news is that there is no way we could have two miserable summers in a row (at least that is what I am trying to convince myself).

We are glad you are visiting. Come enjoy our incredible scenery and lush green landscapes. The most important thing to know about Seattle weather is it is unpredictable, at best!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
552 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How is the weather in Seattle in the month of June?

June is a tough one to predict here in Seattle. The weather can be pretty nice or it can be a Junuary. I would say that if you are going to come here in June come towards the end of the month. The first of June and the 30th of June are very very different. If you had options on when to come August is by far the best month here in Seattle!

9. Re: How is the weather in Seattle in the month of June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 02, 2011