We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best breakfast for $ downtown?

NWT
Level Contributor
499 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Best breakfast for $ downtown?

Looking for info on the best breakfast downtown for cheap. (eggs/bacon/hashbrown) type of thing. Ideas?

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best breakfast for $ downtown?

I like Voula's under the I-5 bridge on the UW side, and consider it worth the effort to get there. Of course, that's not downtown.

Try a quick search of the forum. There have been long threads about breakfast downtown.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,903 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best breakfast for $ downtown?

CJ's on 1st in Belltown is good for that type of menu.

There just really aren't a lot of breakfast places in downtown Seattle, besides hotels. Mostly people just do coffee shops or bakeries. -suze

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best breakfast for $ downtown?

Coffee shops are hard to find downtown. When I want a relatively cheap egg and bacon sandwich, I head to the Crumpet Shop near Pike Place Market at 1503 1st Ave. My favorite place to have breakfast is Campagne which isn't cheap, but worth every penny and is across the street from the market. The Dahlia Lounge Bakery also has yummy baked goods and delicious egg sandwiches, quiche, etc. They are at 2001 4th Ave (206) 441-4540. I think their pie bites or fresh mini doughnuts with homemade jam and whipped cream make a pretty darn good breakfast. If I'm on the run, I grab some oatmeal and a banana at Starbucks which is on every street corner.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best breakfast for $ downtown?

I vote CJ's or Lowell's. Or just grab a piroshky down at Pike's Market!

Fairfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
207 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best breakfast for $ downtown?

Having just returned from my first trip to Seattle, it was wonderful, I can attest to the fact there are few breakfast restaurants in the downtown area, outside of the hotels, as I too, and 8000 other women were looking for them. I was staying at The Westin and they do have a good breakfast selection in a coffee shop environment, the breakfast burrito is especially good. Also found that the Seattle Mac Hotel at 5/6th & Stewart has a breakfast restaurant and also went to Lola's on 4th. Lola's is what I call exotic breakfast fare and while highly rated didn't find it so appealing to my bacon/eggs taste. I found Seattle restaurant food to be especially pricey when I am not usually phased by the cost. Breakfast at the places I mentioned was $15 - $20.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,227 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best breakfast for $ downtown?

Lowells or the Athenian in the Pike Place Mkt both have breakfast with incredible views. Not 'cheap' but $10 range and the view is great.

NWT
Level Contributor
499 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best breakfast for $ downtown?

Yum yum yum!

Thanks everyone :)

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,774 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best breakfast for $ downtown?

I alway's eat breakfast at CJ's! Try the Swedish Pankakes!

seattle
Level Contributor
676 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best breakfast for $ downtown?

Two places we like and not mentioned yet: Macrina Bakery in Belltown (on 1st between Battery and Wall) and Shanty Cafe, which is a little bit further away on Elliott north of downtown, but not that far if you have a car.

seattle
Level Contributor
676 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best breakfast for $ downtown?

Two places we like and not mentioned yet: Macrina Bakery in Belltown (on 1st between Battery and Wall) and Shanty Cafe, which is a little bit further away on Elliott north of downtown, but not that far if you have a car.