We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discounts on museum of flight and Space Needle

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Discounts on museum of flight and Space Needle

We have 3 adults and 3 children 5-9 yrs old coming July and looking for ways to cut costs on these place. What is better the museum of flight or Boeing manufacturing (discount opportunitiy) one. Also, how long does the Museum of flight and Boeing manufacturing take? I will take any advice! : )Thanks

Edited: 2:14 pm, April 23, 2010
vancouver, bc
Level Contributor
467 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discounts on museum of flight and Space Needle

The Boeing Future of Flight Tour is 90 minutes long, it's a guided walking tour.

However, children have to be 4' and over to attend this tour.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discounts on museum of flight and Space Needle

You might call Museum of Flight and inquire about discounts. Unlike the Boeing tour, you take your own time at the MoF, it's up to you. I assume you have their website from earlier postings. I think its a more kid friendly experience.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discounts on museum of flight and Space Needle

With children that age, I would choose the Museum of Flight.

Downloadable coupons are available here: http://www.seattleattractions.com/

Sometimes the convention and visitors bureau has coupons:

http://www.visitseattle.org

San Diego
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discounts on museum of flight and Space Needle

That takes my 4 year old out the tour-thanks

Issaquah, Washington
Level Contributor
506 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discounts on museum of flight and Space Needle

I would not recommend the Boeing Tour for young kids. It has quite a bit of walking in an underground hallway and then a lot of talking about the assembly line while you look at it from the distance. There are some exhibits at the Future of Flight but they are limited.

I took my niece and nephew when they were in third grade and they enjoyed it. We drove down to the Museum of Flight that same afternoon and they much preferred the Museum of Flight. I think the Future of Flight Boeing Tour is great but more for older kids or those who are aviation enthusiasts or for adults.

I've been on the tour a number of times and have enjoyed it every time but a family with young kids is much better served at the Museum of Flight which has many interactive activities for young people.

San Diego
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discounts on museum of flight and Space Needle

I will follow your advice and thank you!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,529 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discounts on museum of flight and Space Needle

your getting info on the wrong tour.

The musuem of flight does not have an age restriction. The future of flight is the Everett Boeing factory tour, not the musuem of flight of which you were asking about,.

8. Re: Discounts on museum of flight and Space Needle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 23, 2010