We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle for Thanksgiving holiday

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
3 posts
Save Topic
Seattle for Thanksgiving holiday

My husband and our 2 girls (aged 4 and 6) are visiting Seattle during the Thanksgiving holiday.

Please give me some ideas about what to see and where to eat.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle for Thanksgiving holiday

Freddyz: Here's a link from today's paper about Thanksgiving dinners:

…nwsource.com/html/…2002616412_leson11.html

If you are staying downtown, on the day after Thanksgiving, there will be a Christmas parade at Macy's (Fourth & Pine). Also in late afternoon, the Christmas tree at Westlake Square (just across from Macy's) will be lit. In the same location you will be able to ride the holiday carousel.

There will be horse-drawn carriages near Fourth & Pine which can take you around downtown or near Pike Place Market.

And, you can also take the monorail (Fifth & Pine) to Seattle Center, where Winterfest will be getting underway. There you will find lighted trees and a skating rink.

California
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle for Thanksgiving holiday

Thank you LeeB. This is very useful information. The girls will love the activities you suggested.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seattle for Thanksgiving holiday

Hi Freddy. My husband and I have decided that we don't want to cook this year, since it's just the two of us, and we will be so busy up until Thanksgiving Day. We are exploring our options as well, but right now we think we will be going to McCormick's on Lake Union: www.mccormickandschmicks.com/index.cfm…

California
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seattle for Thanksgiving holiday

Hi, KatGoddess,

We decided to eat at Kaspar's. The online menu looked good and children 6 and under eat free!

That works for us:).

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seattle for Thanksgiving holiday

You might check out the Royal Argosy Cruise thanksgiving dinner. Great food and service. Its a great way to spend Thanksgiving afternoon and you don't have to cook!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seattle for Thanksgiving holiday

Hey just to let you know, we chose to go to the Sorrento Hotel's Hunt Club. They have a pre-fixe dinner that is $75 pp.