We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help my friends with dining choices please!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Topic
Help my friends with dining choices please!

Hi! I have 3 friends who will be in Seattle next week. They are staying downtown and will not have a car. Can you recommend some good places to eat that they can either walk to or grab a quick cab to? Nothing too expensive but good food, local favorites, must sees and most of all fun experiences.

I am posting this query for them because they are all very slow on the computer!!!! (Sorry girls).

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help my friends with dining choices please!

librarychick: Here are a few suggestions: Wild Ginger, Palomino, Union Square Grill, Cutters and Tulio. They also might like to explore the Pike Place Market, which has lots of food everywhere. Or they can head to the International District if they like Asian food; that area can be reached by free dowtown area bus or they can walk. What is the name of their hotel?

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help my friends with dining choices please!

Lee-I will ask tomorrow what the name of their hotel is-all I know is it's fancy, not a chain and they got it for a steal! Will post the hotel name tomorrow but thanks for the input so far!

nowhere
Level Contributor
276 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help my friends with dining choices please!

We like to visit Etta's and the Dahlia Lounge whenever we're in Seattle.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help my friends with dining choices please!

Hi-they are staying at the Hotel Vintage Park.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help my friends with dining choices please!

librarychick: The hotel is on the corner of Fifth & Spring. Tulio is on the main floor, so that's a good place to start. (That hotel is also kiddy corner from the newly designed Seattle Public Library, which is an architectural wonder.) Sazerac is a block away at Fourth & Spring.

And from their hotel, they can walk to Pike Place Market, which is at First & Pike. Palomino is in the City Centre building at Fifth & Union (entrance is by Barneys New York). There are also restaurants on the top floor of Pacific Place (mall) at Fifth & Pine. Wild Ginger is at Third & Union. There are also lots of restaurants in Belltown. Do they have any specific tastes?

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help my friends with dining choices please!

Lee-as far as specific tastes I don't think they're real picky but are looking for places that are unique and fun. They're pretty adventurous. I think the main criteria is affordable and interesting.

Since they are also library chicks (we all work together) they may be interested in checking out the library and see how it compares to ours!

Thanks for all your help-I know they will appreciate it!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help my friends with dining choices please!

Hi Lee-me again! Since I don't know their specific tastes, what tastes do the restaurants you mentioned lean towards?

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help my friends with dining choices please!

librarychick: Tulio is Italian, Palomino is Euro-American fusion which means they have pizzas, salads, sandwiches; Wild Ginger is Asian. Sazerac is New Orleans-inspired cuisine. The restaurants on the top floor at Pacific Place are Johnny Rockets (burgers, etc.), Gordon Biersch (brewery with salads and burgers and brunch); there's also a Thai restaurant up there and some other restaurant which escapes me at the moment. Also on the first floor is Il Fornaio, an Italian restaurant. Cutters is seafood and salads. Pike Place has bakeries, coffee cafes, and lots of other places to get food.

And, if they like delicious from scratch cookies, cakes and sandwiches, tell them to check out Specialties Bakery at 3rd and Spring during the week; it's closed on weekends.

Seattle, WA
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help my friends with dining choices please!

librarychick, there is a special going on for the month of september, called "dinner at 8" (website:seattleweekly.com/dinnerat8). These are all nice restaurants, and for this month you can get a 3 course meal for $20/person. a few of them are downtown, and these are all great resturants!