We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moore Hotel

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
318 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Moore Hotel

Next April I will be taking Amtrak's Coast Starlight to Seatle (8:30 pm) and leaving the next day on the Empire Builder (4:45 PM) to Chicago. The Coast Starlight is never on time. It can be from 3 to 12 hours late. Due to that fact I did not want to spend much on a hotel with the possibility of only being there a few hours. What is your opinion of the Moore Hotel at $63. I know it is very old but it is in a very good tourist location.

washington state
Level Contributor
547 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moore Hotel

Well, the Moore is pretty funky but it is in Belltown which is considered to be one of the hippest neighborhoods around. There are lots of shops and restaurants nearby and the Pike Place mkt. is just a few blocks away. Be careful late at night. Also, it is a mile or two from the train station so you'll want to catch a cab.

Redondo Beach
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Moore Hotel

We stayed at the Moore Hotel a couple of years ago with our two teenage daughters. Granted, the immediate neighborhead has its seedy elements, but the location to Pike Market is fantastic (a two block walk). The room we had (a 3 bedroom suite for $100) was fine...all the bathroom fixtures were brand new and it was clean. There were many Europeans staying there, everyone was great. We walked around a lot and never had a problem.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
177 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moore Hotel

If there's a possibility you might not be staying long, check out the Green Tortise hostel instead. It's only about $20 a night instead of $60 for the Moore. Sure it's a hostel so you'll need to lock up valuables and you might be sleeping in a room with strangers but for some people it's worth saving the $40 in case you end up taking off.

Muskegon, MI
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moore Hotel

We just stayed at the Moore Hotel two weeks ago. It is certainly not fancy, very basic. But, the price is right and the location is great. The desk employee was very helpful and gave us many good tips.