We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anybody know anything about the University Hotel??

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Does anybody know anything about the University Hotel??

My parents are coming into town for a couple of days and want to stay at a decent hotel, but one that is less than $100/night (they are coming in on Sunday night and will be here for 2 nights). I told them they would be hardpressed to find find something decent this time of year at that rate, but I thought I'd ask my local Seattelites to see if you all had any ideas.

Btw, here is the website for the University Hotel: http://www.university-hotel.com/

They are willing to stay a bit out from the city, maybe 20-30 minutes if necessary, but closer to us (we live in Fremont) would be preferred. TIA!

Mentioned in this post
Fremont
Fremont
279 Reviews
Seattle, WA
1. Re: Does anybody know anything about the University Hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:08 pm, August 12, 2005
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anybody know anything about the University Hotel??

Um that was rude, and I don't answer every question, only the ones I have experience on. We don't have an extra bedroom or they would stay with us. They just took a 3 week trip across country which is why they're trying to save money, plus coming back for our wedding next month.

But thanks for your oh-so-helpful response anyway.

3. Re: Does anybody know anything about the University Hotel??

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:08 pm, August 12, 2005
Seattle
Level Contributor
386 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anybody know anything about the University Hotel??

Kat, since you're nearby, it might ease your mind to stop by and check it out in person.

Also, have you looked into the University Inn? It's a bit more (just over $100), but it has a good rep.

Good luck!

Seattle
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anybody know anything about the University Hotel??

The hotel is fine, especially before school gets started. Beware of the school traffic the last two weeks of September when students are back and looking for housing. Gets crazy and loud! The bar in the basement can get rowdy when school is in session.

I have a history (way way way back!) of partying in the rooms with friends coming back to school.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anybody know anything about the University Hotel??

Thanks so much for the info ladies!:)

Seattle
Level Contributor
396 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does anybody know anything about the University Hotel??

KatGoddess,

Being a fellow Seattle resident, I don't really know much about hotels in the area. But a few things to help get cheaper rates:

1) If your parents are senior citizens, most big chains like Marriott offer senior discounts

2) AAA discounts

3) If you, your parents, or your fiance work for a large corporation (like Boeing, Microsoft, etc) then you can get the corporate discount on the room.

Good luck!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anybody know anything about the University Hotel??

lol, well my parents are definitely not senior citizens, but they do have AAA. They ended up staying at the Silver Cloud Inn on Lake Union (where they stayed the last time they were here). What was great was when they arrived, a tour bus of people had just arrived before them. My poor parents walked into the lobby afraid they would have to wait forever. One of the clerks walked right up to them and asked if they could help them. They had reserved a room with a king bed no view, and the hotel upgraded them for free (without my parents asking) to a suite with a view. Anyway, they paid more than they wanted but really not much more, and in the end they got an amazing room.

Mentioned in this post
Lake Union
Lake Union
233 Reviews
Seattle, WA
9. Re: Does anybody know anything about the University Hotel??

Removed on: 10:06 am, August 17, 2005