We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

XXX Rootbeer

Southern California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
XXX Rootbeer

Just want to know if it's worth it to make a trip to this place.

Issaquah, Washington
Level Contributor
552 posts
46 reviews
1. Re: XXX Rootbeer

How far of a trip will you be making? Are you someone who visits old fashioned drive-ins wherever you go? If so, then you will enjoy yourself.

I live in Issaquah and I like it. The food is good and the decor is lots of fun. Depending on traffic it's probably 20-30 minutes from downtown Seattle and it is right off I-90.

Now I'm craving a great big frosty root beer float.

Will you have a car? If you are riding the bus you might have a little walk.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,030 posts
65 reviews
2. Re: XXX Rootbeer

Not much context to this post, ShawnM, but I read your other post. A root beer stand??? :)

Palm Springs...
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,328 posts
112 reviews
3. Re: XXX Rootbeer

Hey its one of the last XXX rootbeers in the nation. Sort of a Happy Days type of place. On weekends many collector car clubs meet here to show off their cars. I wouldn't make a special trip for the food but the nostalgia is definitely there. Sort of a Mels Drive Inn kind of place. There is also Boehms chocolate downt the street that gives tours sometimes and make hand dipped chocolates so other thing to do in the area.

Southern California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
4. Re: XXX Rootbeer

We'll have a car and we'll be doing the usual tourist stuff in Seattle, but I was just wondering if we should make the trip out to this place. I love old time diners/drive-ins and I'm a nostalgia lover, so maybe we'll go check it out. It doesn't seem that far anyway.

Palm Springs...
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,328 posts
112 reviews
5. Re: XXX Rootbeer

I'd suggest you stop at XXX then Boehms Chocolates. Keep heading east on 90 and visit Snoqualmie Falls. You will get off at Mt. Si and see the mountain and area they used to film Twin Peaks. If you wanted you could make a loop and come back thru Woodinville and visit the wineries.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,030 posts
65 reviews
6. Re: XXX Rootbeer

OK, OK... I submit to my betters.

Wheatgrower's description begs for a trip there on these hot days.

And cannot argue with David's points. LOL

Issaquah, Washington
Level Contributor
552 posts
46 reviews
7. Re: XXX Rootbeer

In the name of research I ate lunch at XXX today. (I was shopping at a store across the street.) It is a fun place. It's filled (and that is an understatement) with memorabilia and photos of classic cars and signs and everything under the sun. It's family run and they are very friendly. I had a burger with grilled onions and it was delicious but very, very greasy. I think that's the point when you go to a place like this.

The root beer float was excellent on a hot day. It was $6.00, so be prepared. It was worth every penny.

It looks like they are having a classic car show with 55-57 Chevys at the XXX on August 17. If you are in the area that would be a great time to go. Check their web site for more information.

I did not get to Boehm's chocolates because it's too hot to get chocolates today and I was too full. Their chocolate is great and they have good ice cream bars, too.

I agree with the suggestion to take a drive out to the falls. It's about 15 minutes drive east on I90 from XXX. If you like trains check out the Northwest Railway Museum. It's in the city of Snoqualmie not far from the falls. On the weekends you can ride on the restored trains. It's really fun!

http://www.trainmuseum.org/

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,030 posts
65 reviews
8. Re: XXX Rootbeer

Wheatgrower, greasy burgers are good burgers, and you have whetted my New England appetite. If I can break away from my SO and her healthy food outlook, I'll sneak a food run to XXX. LOL

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
9. Re: XXX Rootbeer

If you love root beer, you might want to make a trip to Scuttlebutt Brewery in Everett. It is on the waterfront.

They serve it over ice, so if you don't like ice in your rootbeer, make sure to tell them. It is good stuff!

They have good burgers, fish and chips and chowder as well (not to mention their own beers).

Southern California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
10. Re: XXX Rootbeer

That's OK.....the greasier the better! To me, it's the taste that matters and it doesn't matter how greasy it is as long as it tastes good!

Is it really about $6 for a rootbeer float?? How are the prices for everything else??