We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Hertz rental

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
105 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Hertz rental

What is the best and cheapest way to get from airport to Hertz at 5055 4th ave south.. Not sure if there is transit that can take us to pick up our rental car. Thanks for taking the time to direct us lost souls.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,409 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Hertz rental

if you could change this to their downtown location it would be a whole lot easier. Seems they have an office at the Grand Hyatt in fact I know they do. The airporter bus from Seatac stops right at their front door. That would be the easiest at $11 per person. If you have to stay with location mentioned then the 194 buss from baggage claim gets off the freeway at about 6th ave south near spokane st. If you get a transfer he can direct you to a bus going south on 4th. That will cost you maybe $1.50 or so pp

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
105 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Hertz rental

Thank you so very much for the info. I will see if I can switch the pick up location.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
105 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Hertz rental

I now have a new reservation to pick up at 1501 8th ave. Is that farther? And is it the Hyatt or Marriott for Hertz pickup? I am now really confused as to the easiest place to pick up the car, but not at the airport..

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,409 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Hertz rental

no, thats the Hyatt. When you get to the airport go to door 00 and you will find the grayline airporter. Just take it to the Hyatt. The Hertz office is on the side of the hotel. You will save at least a lot of the tax so it should save you quite a bit. Most of the time they will let you drop it at the airport for no charge, so you'll save on both counts.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,324 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Hertz rental

to clarify where Hertz is its at 8th and Pike so it is a block away from the main entrance of the Hyatt which is on Pine between 7th and 8th.

Id look into a 1 day one way rental from SeaTac to the Hertz DT location. Then after 24 hrs return it and rent from the DT location. I flew in las Sat night and rented one way from SeaTac to DT and got a $25 rate after tax I paid about $34 which is easier than taking a bus and less expensive than a cab to DT.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
105 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Hertz rental

What about the shuttle express? it says $34 for two. that is what I need. If I change my original pick up location the price for rental goes up. So I would like to stay with original pick up at 5055 4th ave.(south Seattle). Thank you for any thoughts on this

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Hertz rental

It'll be about the same (maybe even less) to take a cab to S Seattle, plus you won't have to wait for them to pick up or drop off other people as you would if you take Shuttle Express.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
904 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Hertz rental

If you are looking to save money, then what about a location closer to the airport to minimize the taxi cost?

I just priced a random week in July at the 4th Ave location, the airport, and SeaTac HLE: both 4th Ave and SeaTac are the same price (about $180) while the airport is over $500! Wow, I didn't realize the airport was so much more expensive (in fact, I thought airport locations were often cheaper because of the volume of business). Those prices are for Compact size, with or without Saturday night stay, taxes/fees included.

So, how about the SeaTac HLE, the closest non-airport location? It is on the road outside the airport, maybe a mile from the terminal building. I imagine taxi to there would be a lot cheaper (but they might not like taking such as short ride). Or walkable, if not too late at night.

A Moose

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,324 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to Hertz rental

"in fact, I thought airport locations were often cheaper because of the volume of business)."

They are often less expensive, but during high season usually are more expensive.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
105 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to Hertz rental

Nope, in fact on this forum is where I read to get off lot because of the taxes the airport tacks on. And sure enough I checked it out and it was almost double the price because of the WA taxes. Bummer!! it would make things so much easier. Anythought thought on the express shuttle?