We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning trip!!

atlanta
1 post
Save Topic
Need help planning trip!!

Flying into Portland on July 30th. Going to Washougal that Sunday to watch the AMA motocross national. Looking for places to stay, eat, etc.

Will probably stay near Washougal Saturday and Sunday then head up to Mt Rainer Monday morning. Here is a list of things I want to do in no particular order.

1:) Visit Mt. Rainer-where to stay? Would like to stay for a few days

2:) Whitewater rafting - Class III - Recommend outfitter??

3:) Downtown Seattle - Pikes Market - where to stay

4:) Whale watching - sea kayaks San Juan

Thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
177 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning trip!!

1:) What's your budget? My wife and I stayed at the Alexander Inn just outside the Mount Rainier National Park and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and the accomadations were superb with a hot tob looking out over a private trout pond. If you want to do a lot of hiking I would suggest actually staying at the Paradise Lodge. We've stayed there in the past choosing to share a bathroom. The food there as excellent as well with a great Sunday brunch buffet. The best part about Paradise Lodge is the proximity to all the hiking trails leading out into the mountain itself. Within ten minutes of leaving the Lodge you can find yourself amongst mountain meadows and streams.