We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one free afternoon/evening

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
9 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
one free afternoon/evening

I will be travelling through Seattle with hubby, two teens, and 85 year old father, on way to Alaska for adventure cruise on Glacier Bay Cruiselines. We will arrive in Seattle around noon on a Friday in July, and are staying at the Sea-Tac airport Hilton. We will not be renting a car. Will leave for Juneau the next morning. I would like to visit Pike Place Market and maybe the Space Needle. Any suggestions for best way to get to these places (there are 5 of us)? Any suggestions for a casual dinner? Anything else we should visit?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,786 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one free afternoon/evening

there is an express bus from baggage claim to downtown. The 194 makes no stops and takes the freeway. Get off downtown and you can take the monorail into the Space Needle. Ask the hotel they can direct you. There is also a shuttle service from sea tac hotels to the Pike place mkt, but for 5 a cab might be better. A limo from sea tac to downtown is a flat $30

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one free afternoon/evening

I called your hotel. They suggested the Seattle Express. It is a shuttle service to downtown.

http://seattleexpress.com/

Davidgmg also had good advice with the bus. It is the cheapest option, and it takes a while since the bus makes a lot of stops. I would talk to the front desk when you get there and they can direct you with more information.

I really love the waterfront in downtown. Elliott's is a really nice restaurant if you want good seafood. And if you want something more casual, Red Robin is more relaxed and a fun atmosphere. The "Seattle" people are excited that we get to "dine" outside along the waterfront. It is very nice. We have had some good weather lately.

Sincerely,

Diana