We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yr Round Houseboats-Lake Union?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Yr Round Houseboats-Lake Union?

Is there a way to tour around those full-time/year-round houseboats in Seattle? Are they at Lake Union? I'm thinking of those like in "Sleepless In Seattle" and hoping to find a way to view some. Don't know if I have the right area or not. Tips on transportation to the houseboat area also appreciated; will be staying in a downtown hotel in mid-August. THANKS!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,528 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yr Round Houseboats-Lake Union?

its easy to get to Fremont which is where the area is. On saturday and sundays there is a small cruise for about $7 that leaves from behind the Adobe bldg that shows you all the houseboats. Its a small boat thats called the 'Root beer float' or somehting similar as he sells ice cream floats. The argosy cruise would also go close by if you take the Ballard Locks tour, but personally I thinkyou will like the smaller boat tour. I doubt he has a website but he has small easel signs around the fremont neighborhood. On the weekend they do a saturday mkt and its a funky area to explore. Taking a bus is easy to get to. If I can find out more info I'll post again.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,528 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yr Round Houseboats-Lake Union?

here is the link for the cruise info

www.seattleferryservice.com/schedule.htm