We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel In Seattle Help

Calgary
5 posts
Save Topic
Hotel In Seattle Help

I will be travelling to Seattle in August with my husband and 2 kids (ages 7 & 8). We have never been to Seattle and don't know where to stay. We would like to stay near the water and if possible near Safeco Field (planning on going to a Mariners game). Can anyone suggest a hotel (3-4 star)? Any other bits of advice would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,288 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel In Seattle Help

Hello, just came home from Calgary this morning and I have to tell you, your people are as friendly and helpful as they come. No hotels near Safeco but many downtown hotels would be very convenient. If your not too picky why not try Pricline and bid for a downtown hotel? They almost all have pools for the kids. I'd also try hotels near the Space Needle. While not quite as central, with the kids you could walk to lots of places and lots of small shops and restaraunts close by. Its an easy monorail trip downtown or the buses will take you anywhere very inexpesively. The buses downtown are all free so getting to Safeco is extremely easy. They run shuttles back uptown for a small fee, so getting there is very easy from the downtown core. Let me know if you have more questions.

Level Contributor
36,329 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel In Seattle Help

If you want to stay right on the water, we like the Edgewater Hotel. The rooms are a PNW decor, very comfortable. We had a room with a panoramic view of Elliott Bay and breakfast was included each am at their restaurant Six Seven.

We found the hotel shuttle to be a great way to get around Seattle and not have to worry about parking. It took us all over and was very reliable when we wanted to be picked up. Highly recommend Edgewater. Enjoy Seattle! :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel In Seattle Help

You might want to consider the Inn at the Market. Smaller hotel right on the water, up from Pikes Place Market. Great location!