We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help please with ideas for lodging and highlights of...

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,414 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
help please with ideas for lodging and highlights of...

We have always wanted to visit the farthest corner of the state, driving across the Olympic Peninsula and down the coast. I visited Hurricane Ridge about 35 years ago but that's as far as either of us has ever got.

I looked around this forum last night and sent in a request for the Olympic Peninsula Traveler's Guide. I'd love some feedback from others who have visited the area, especially getting to Forks and heading south. We're planning a leisurely top-down scenic drive and because of circumstances can't book ahead by more than a couple of days when we can finally get away.

Is there a drive we shouldn't miss? Can you recommend lodging, perhaps 3 separate locations for a slow progress? A restaurant that's highly recommended? What stops, sites, views or places should we not miss?

Will we be able to put the top down, or does it really rain all the time there? :)

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: help please with ideas for lodging and highlights of...

Kalalock (claylock) Lodge is incredible, right on the beach and across the highway from the Hoh River Rain Forest area. It is about halfway down the west side of the penninsula