We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunderlands visit to Seattle july 20th 2005

sunderland
1 post
Save Topic
sunderlands visit to Seattle july 20th 2005

Hi I'm Mark from Sunderland, England

Seeking information about Seattle - places to stay, nothing flash just cheap bed and breakfast. Places to visit and your nightlife.

My football team (i think you call it soccer) is visiting to play Seattle Sounders july 20th.

Any advice welcome

regards mark

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
260 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunderlands visit to Seattle july 20th 2005

What can we say about Seattle...What a wonderful place!! I think that you will find Seattle to be very welcoming. I have lived in many big US cities and seattle by far is the most pleasant. You should find that the weather should be similar to yours in England, i would imagine the highs to be in the low 80's and little rain here during the summer.

As far as your match goes, I will have to admit that I am not up on my soccer, but there will be lots to do during your visit.

Pikes Public Market, Space Needle, Ballard Locks, Seattle underground tour(pretty cool), take a 1/2 day trip to one of the puget sound islands via the extensive ferry system here. Catch a Seattle Mariners game (baseball), Snoqualmie Falls, whale watching (orcas), and so much more. I hope you enjoy your trip to our wonderful city!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunderlands visit to Seattle july 20th 2005

As far as nightlife, Pioneer Square is good...there are numerous bars there that have live music, and on the weekends, you can pay one cover and hop from one to the other.

Belltown is also good for bars(Cyclops is one of my favorites) and pool (Belltown Billiards).

Also, there is a great Irish Pub called the Owl and Thistle that has regular live music, a pool table, and a huge selection of draft beers. This is located (I believe) on Western and Marion(or Cherry, 1 block up). There is also Fado' on 1st and Marion(or Cherry).