We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puget sound express vs clipper cruises

Brixham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Puget sound express vs clipper cruises

hello, looking at doing a whale watching tour in seattle, just weighing up whether i should get public transport and go on the puget sound express and pay a little bit more for 4-5 hours whale watching or go on the clipper cruises day trip for slightly less and have a stop in friday harbour- can anyone recommend either or if people have done both and have a preference? many thanks, amy

3 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
21,252 posts
120 reviews
236 helpful votes
1. Re: Puget sound express vs clipper cruises

I live close to Puget Sound Express but haven't done the trip yet. I like the clipper cause Friday Harbor is quite cute and you can get a bit of sightseeing in and normally the whales are closer to the san juan islands. Puget sound is nice but I think you'll spend more time getting to the area where whales congregate. I think I'm leaning towards the clipper for those reasons. Plus if your staying in seattle logistics make that more manageable.

Renton, Washington
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
2. Re: Puget sound express vs clipper cruises

Read this before you decide on a boat tour:

https:/…

Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
4,169 posts
95 reviews
67 helpful votes
3. Re: Puget sound express vs clipper cruises

I've only ever done Puget Sound Express. I like them because they focus on the whale watching. The clipper is more of a trip to the San Juan Islands and hope you see some whales along the way.

Reply to: Puget sound express vs clipper cruises
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted