We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places in eat in Pike's Place market

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Places in eat in Pike's Place market

I going to Seattle in a week and I was wondering what the best places and deals are to eat. Perhaps when I'm visiting Pike's Place? Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,167 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places in eat in Pike's Place market

there are lots of smaller cafeteria type places. The Athenian Cafe is where Tom Hanks ate during Sleepless in Seattle. At the end of the arcades there is a fancier seafood restaraunt called Cutters. Honestly the appeal of the market is the variety of small ethnic type eateries. Some of the cafeteria type places have million dollar views without the expense of a fancy place. Enjoy the Pike Place Market.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,167 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places in eat in Pike's Place market

there are lots of smaller cafeteria type places. The Athenian Cafe is where Tom Hanks ate during Sleepless in Seattle. At the end of the arcades there is a fancier seafood restaraunt called Cutters. Honestly the appeal of the market is the variety of small ethnic type eateries. Some of the cafeteria type places have million dollar views without the expense of a fancy place. Enjoy the Pike Place Market.

Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Places in eat in Pike's Place market

Etta's Seafood showcases the culinary flair of Chef Tom Douglas for every kind of seafood imaginable. From the classic fish & chips to live crab, lobster, pit-smoked salmon and Tom's famous crab cakes, Etta's extensive menu features superlative seafood. Situated near Seattle's famous Pike Place Market, Etta's Seafood offers both tourists and locals a rich experience of the best seafood in Seattle.

Six Seven Restaurant & Lounge brings a fresh spin to traditional dining. Chef Hans Reisinger adds elegant simplicity to otherwise classic Northwest cuisine. The fresh, clean flavors of core Northwest ingredients shine with delicate preparation. The shimmering waters of Elliott Bay against the Olympic Mountains contribute to the ambiance, allowing the senses to take in the best in sight and taste on the Bay.

I also recommend the Old Spaghetti Factory (tm)

Seattle
Level Contributor
386 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places in eat in Pike's Place market

Maximilien-in-the-Market is intimate restaurant down the hall just to the left of the Flying Fish market. Once inside, go upstairs and get a great view of Elliott Bay and the best mussels in town.

Seattle
Level Contributor
386 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places in eat in Pike's Place market

P.S. to SavvyTravelAgent: Old Spaghetti Factory is NOT in Pike Place Market. And where do you get your reviews, anyway?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,079 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places in eat in Pike's Place market

LOL TwoEditorz! I can't imagine OSF moving, much less to the market.

Seattle
Level Contributor
386 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places in eat in Pike's Place market

Sorry, that's my persnickety perfectionism getting the best of me!

The real expert on this forum is Davidgmg -- he won't steer you wrong.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places in eat in Pike's Place market

The BEST places to eat by the market: Il Bistro (right at the opening of Post Alley at the start of the market) and Zig Zag Cafe. Zig Zag's is located between Western and Alaskan, half way down the stairs, right behind the market stairwell/elevator/hillclimb. Great late night food and atmostphere, and Murray is the bartender, who is a Seatttle legend.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places in eat in Pike's Place market

Thank you all for your suggestions!