We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to live carless in Seattle?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Is it possible to live carless in Seattle?

I can't ride a due to physical limitations, but what are the options for public transportation? Is it unrealistic to think one could get along without a car in Seattle? Any advice much appreciated.

Seattle
Level Contributor
348 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is it possible to live carless in Seattle?

One other thing to recommend Queen Anne area...they have a Trader Joe's. Don't know if those are in NYC? It's a small 'speciality' grocery store, only very inexpensive!

http://www.traderjoes.com/

There is also a Whole Foods (or affectionately known as Whole Paycheck...not cheap, but wonder selection of meat, cheese, fruit, flowers, etc.) grocery store going in at Westlake and Denny, not exactly 'downtown' but pretty close and above it is going to be either an apt or condo complex.

wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/newstores.html#wa

Another good thing about going carless in Seattle is that you'll avoid the Monorial car tab tax ;-)

NYC
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Is it possible to live carless in Seattle?

hummingbird,

Great news about Trader Joe's. Yes, I know of it. There is one a short drive from where I live now and I often go there with friends. It's nice to know that they're around on the West Coast as well.