We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boeing factory tour or museum of flight?

California
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
boeing factory tour or museum of flight?

We'll be in Seattle for a week, and my 15 year son and husband are both really into planes. Do you recommend the Boeing factory tour or the Museum of Flight? They are more fascinated by advances/ future of aviation than history of aviation. Both places sound amazing and they'd probably love to go to both, but me and my 13 yr. old are not as into planes, so I'm hoping to just go to one. If both attractions are really different and worth going to both during our visit, maybe we'll go our separate ways for the day so they can go to both.

Thank you for your feedback!

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
The Museum of Flight
The Museum of Flight
5,843 Reviews
Seattle, WA
3 replies to this topic
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
5,200 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boeing factory tour or museum of flight?

I'm a huge fan of both! I'm an aviation buff, but I don't think you have to be into planes to appreciate either place. The Museum of Flight is world-class. The building alone is architecturally interesting, and the presentation of the exhibits is excellent. History, technology, space ~ it covers a wide range. The Boeing factory tour is entirely unique and yes, very different from the Museum.

I absolutely think the two places are both worth including in your week, and I think you're doing yourself and your 13yo a disservice if you bypass them. Anyway, it wouldn't make sense imo to go your separate ways for that day, because the Museum of Flight and the Boeing factory tour aren't remotely close together. So it isn't as if the two family members can easily cover those in one fell swoop. Rather, you can incorporate each into separate days. It'd help to know what else you're doing and where you're staying. : )

~ Colleen

Mentioned in this post
The Museum of Flight
The Museum of Flight
5,843 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Port Townsend...
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boeing factory tour or museum of flight?

Museum of Flight is #1 on the list. Boeing Factory Tour is close behind. I can't imagine that everyone wouldn't find both activities very interesting.

Mentioned in this post
The Museum of Flight
The Museum of Flight
5,843 Reviews
Seattle, WA
California
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boeing factory tour or museum of flight?

Thanks so much for the feedback! Colleen, we're staying in Fremont and have a Sun-Fri. in Seattle, so it sounds like we should try to make it to both places, but on different days. We're lucky to have a teen who wants to share his interests with us, so I want to sure take him to these cool places that I know he will enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Fremont
Fremont
284 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Reply to: boeing factory tour or museum of flight?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;